email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: humminbird 798 si ci issues  (Read 2367 times)

Bass Ninja

humminbird 798 si ci issues
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »

I have had a problem with my humminbird transducer ripping off when I am on plane with my boat. I had a mechanic install it. I am thinking it is in the wrong spot or to low and is catching drag from the water. I have had it rip off 3 times now. I took it to another place and they told me to put it to just to the right of my live well hole. I thought it had to be atleast 15 inches away from the prop. Here are some pictures of where it is at now and the plug hole and live well holes. Will it be okay to put it next to my live well hole. my boat is a 93 skeeter DX.

thanks,
Bass Ninja
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:34:38 PM by Bass Ninja »

thedude

• Count Redbeard
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Curmudgeon at Large
  • View Gallery
    • West Michigan Bass
Re: humminbird 798 si ci issues
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

it shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of your boat.

next time its in the water,figure out where the waterline is - you want it mounted where it where the SI beam will clear the lower unit, but also be high and dry while on plane. Most guys mount there right below the jack plate or even with the bottom of the motor/tilt&trim bracket.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

capt charlie's charters

• capt charlie
  • GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »

I have had a problem with my humminbird transducer ripping off when I am on plane with my boat. I had a mechanic install it. I am thinking it is in the wrong spot or to low and is catching drag from the water. I have had it rip off 3 times now. I took it to another place and they told me to put it to just to the right of my live well hole. I thought it had to be atleast 15 inches away from the prop. Here are some pictures of where it is at now and the plug hole and live well holes. Will it be okay to put it next to my live well hole. my boat is a 93 skeeter DX.

thanks,
Bass Ninja

Can't help you with the set up, but can warn you about making sure its locked on when you place the unit on the mount, I donated my month old 798 last June to St Clair when spearing a wave and found it to not lock on a couple of times after that.  their locking mechanize sucks, they know it, and others have found out the hard way.  One guy even hooked up a cable from the back of the unit to the base of the mount, which is what I'm going to do this week.
good luck
capt charlie

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

you can mount it anywhere on the flat surface the two plastic livewell grates are located.  That's where we put Ed's and it works great.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge