Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

High School Bass Fishing and Fishing is coming

Started by djkimmel, March 10, 2011, 08:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Just getting ready for more questions and information in this next big topic and area of cementing the future of fishing and bass fishing for all of us by organizing fishing at the High School (and maybe even lower) level.

ROI Luke is meeting with a group of high schoolers in Fremont Michigan about this very topic today. Illinois has already made bass fishing an official high school sport and now there's organized high school events and championships starting up at the national level through TBF Inc. through the Student Angler Federation.

This is all pretty new so I don't have a lot of information yet, but we're working on it. There's a fair amount of information available at the TBF / FLW High School Fishing website here.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

BrianB

There is one TBF High Bass Club right Now It is the Lake Orion Bass Club with 16 Members Both boys and Girls

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Got Fish??

My two boys go to a Livonia high school. Both of them as well as many other students are eager to have something to present to their school so they also can be part of high school bass fishing! Where can they get that information?

Firefighter Jeff

Seems like I've missed out on a few things in life.  As we all have I'm sure.  1st they came out with "Big Wheels" after I was too big to ride one. 2nd they didn't have video recording equipment like today when I played HS basketball.  Back then they had Beta machinges that had a camera connected by a wire to a big machine. and 3rd, now high school fishing teams.  Not sure if I could have afforded that or even been good enough to try it, but I would have liked the opportunity.  :)

troossien1

Luke did a great job speaking and there is much interest at Fremont High school. I also have been in contact with, students from Reeths Puffer, and Spring Lake Highschools. There is interst there too! Its gonna happen and its gonna be big!!
Kistler rods

mikesmiph

SethV

Sounds cool.  How do they work - schools compete against each other like the college guys do?

Let us know when they need boats.

troossien1

I will for sure I am working on Getting the word out about a highschool tournament that I may be coordinating.. If you visit the website www.highschoolfishing.org it tells you about the organization. Thankyou for expressing interest!
Kistler rods

troossien1

And yes it's basically like the College, schools against schools,  and members in the school against eachother
Kistler rods

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on March 14, 2011, 06:55:12 PM
Guess I'm out. Hail to the victors

Once you've volunteered... you can never be out. Just pick a time and place, and step back in. I'm getting more calls and email on this each week and I'd like someone around who has more answers than I do. So, at least I put a place here for questions. And hopefully some answers too.

jcox7

No one is "out" LOL  There is a ton of new info out there as one person said if you would ike to have more info check out highschoolfishing.org.  You can get the packet which has a DVD to show your schools that informs them of all the info they need.  This program is more than just fishing the program also includes a workbook for each student angler.  We also are pretty sure the high school state championship will be in late june on Kent Lake.  Kent Lake with its 10mph speed limit will allow for students who only have aluminum boats fish and not be put behind the eight ball just because someones dad has a nicer boat.  Also it allows for it to be a lot safer event.  Contract work is being done and as long as things go smooth I will be announcing info soon.  Anyone looking for more info or anyone who would like to help email me at jcox7fishing@yahoo.com