Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TOUGH DAY ON THE WATER; TBF YOUTH PROVE TOUGHER, KEEPING THEIR HEADS HELD HIGH

Started by djkimmel, August 07, 2010, 12:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Twelve Division Champions Advance

DULUTH, Ga. (Aug. 6, 2010) – A tough bite paired with extreme pressure and heat, followed by a blizzard of rain lakeside didn’t stop 82 TBF youth state champions today, on day one of the 2010 National Guard Junior World Championship on Lake Lanier. Anglers traveled from 41 different states to face off in this national contest knowing today it was all or nothing to decide who would advance. Twelve young anglers pushed ahead despite all odds, solidifying their spots on the final day of competition to crown this year’s National Guard Junior World Champions and pronouncing them Division Champions.

The top two anglers from each of the six TBF divisions advance, one from each age group, 11-14/15-18, to comprise the final twelve. The crowd waited in the midst of a storm, rain soaked and still cheering on these young anglers as each state champion walked across the stage. It was definitely a day for the record books. Tomorrow will echo that as 12 Division Champions take-off from Laurel Park on Lake Lanier right alongside the FLW Pros. Of the final 12, the top finishers from each age group will walk away proving to the nation they have the right to be called champions.

The tournament big bag goes to Drake Young, from Lincoln, Mo., representing the 15-18 year olds as the TBF Youth Central Division Champion. Young caught a total of four fish weighing 6 pounds, 7 ounces. ?“I’m really excited,” Young said. “I just went out there and caught fish today and had fun!” Young also caught the most keepers. “I don’t know what I did differently; I guess I just found more fish.” Young plans to stick with the same approach tomorrow, but other than that he’s not looking too far ahead. “Winning tomorrow, really I haven’t thought about it; I’m just not thinking that far ahead, yet.” His strategy placed him on top, but only 1 pound, 2 ounces separate his closest competition.

Greg Zellers, from Winamac, Ind., is the TBF Northern Division Champion in the 15-18 age group, and in second place overall. Zellers brought in two keepers today weighing 5 pounds, 5 ounces. “It’s just a world of change, an unbelievable event,” Zellers said. Zellers fished mostly deeper water today, but plans to switch his stroke up tomorrow and fish shallower. “I just want to thank everyone that made this possible and TBF/FLW, Berkley and Ranger Boats; to be able to go into the second day is just a dream come true.”

Weighing in 3 pounds today is Regan Green, from Macon, Ga., with two bass claiming the Southern Division title and the top spot overall in the 11-14 age group. “Really, I’m excited, eager” Green said. “I have a good plan going into tomorrow.” Green lost two keepers mid-day and plans to go hunting tomorrow. “I lost a 5- and a 4-pounder that would have brought me way over the top.” He caught one fish on topwater around 9:30 with a little Spook and the second on a drop shot. “I’ll definitely plan on the same thing tomorrow; I’m anxious but ready to go.”

Adrian Forbes, from Fairfield Vt., is the Eastern Division Champion in the younger age bracket. “I really didn’t think I was going to make it,” Forbes said. “I didn’t have much confidence to begin with but now I’ve got a lot; I got a lot from this place.”

The Bass Federation Inc., (TBF), is the oldest and largest organized grassroots fishing organization in America. TBF is owned by those it serves and is dedicated to the sport of fishing. TBF affiliated state federations and their member clubs conduct more than 20,000 fishing, youth and conservation events at the local level each year, and have provided the foundation for the entire bass fishing industry for more than 40 years.

For more information about The Bass federation, visit bassfederation.com, or call 580.765.9031.

For more information about Student Anglers Federation, visit highschoolfishing.org, or call 580.765.9031.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.