Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 Bassmaster Classic TV

Started by dartag, February 27, 2011, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Watched the first 2 shows.  At least #2 was 2 hours.  Typical coverage where they are keying on the top 5 finishers.  Don't think they even mentioned the radar units mounted on the boats.  Arron Martens sure is a whiner. He psyches himself out.

It is better than watching fishing show re-runs.

Day 3 is tonight at 10.   Wonder who wins ;D ;D

djkimmel

Rumor has it that Ryan Said and cameraguy where on there somewhere too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

eetz

I couldn't believe it.  I DVR'd day 3 and said down to watch it last night.  20 minutes of auto racing overlapped, so I missed the last 20 minutes of the coverage. 

I guess it's good that I already know what happened, but missing the last 20 minutes of a 5 hour accumilation was a bit disappointing. 

There was a bit of talk between KVD and Martins, KVD said he felt like a magnet because Martins kept coming near him.  Do you guys think the following conversation was friendly or was there some tension? 

dartag

Martens was totally beaten.  Watch how he is casting.  Not really putting  much effort in it.  His shoulders are even slumped.   Even Rook commented that it would be the KVD show.   Another way he has them beaten.

On the DVR I always record the next show with any sports event.  I hate  recording after basketball because it  takes ½ hour to play the last 2 minutes.   My professional couch fishermen tip of the day.

djkimmel

Yup. Good tip. I forgot to record it at all, but cameraguy says he missed the last 15 minutes or so.

I didn't get to see the interaction on the water between KVD and Martens. Afterwords, they were both overly complimentary to each other with Martens going first.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Victor Cerabone

I had the "20 mins of drag racing overlap" thing too!  :P

I fast forwarded through all the talk and just watched the fishing.  While the weights were competitive the other anglers acted like KVD had them beat every step of the way.  Aaron and Scott Rook spent too much time watching KVD.  I thought pros did not do that?   ;D

Nice to see the cranking clinic.  I think those crank bait thingys only work down south.

eetz

Quote from: dartag on March 01, 2011, 09:56:01 AM

On the DVR I always record the next show with any sports event.  I hate  recording after basketball because it  takes ½ hour to play the last 2 minutes.   My professional couch fishermen tip of the day.

Lesson learned!

djkimmel

Naw... those crank bait thingys work pretty good up here too.

fear no fish

I missed the last part of the show also because of the car race. I checked and they are rerunning it this Sunday so you can record it again if you missed the last part.