Facebook password scam warning: they just keep coming

Started by djkimmel, September 24, 2010, 01:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Facebook password scam warning: they just keep coming
Jorgen Wouters
Sep 23rd 2010 at 2:30PM

If you get an e-mail telling you your Facebook password has been changed and a new one Is attached, delete it immediately -- it's the latest Facebook scam, according to an alert from the Better Business Bureau.

See full article from WalletPop: http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/09/23/facebook-password-scam-warning-cams-just-keeping-coming/?icid=sphere_copyright

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I received at least one of these so far. They also talk about how people are getting tricked into clicking on links such as various like links, that bombard you and your email address book with junk links. I have at least 3 people I know who have been victimized by this since I'm getting junk email with bad links from them and can see a lot of their friends on the lists.

Definitely some of the like links shared with you should not be clicked on. If I'm not 100% sure of the source link they go to or the application they might give access to my personal information, I don't click on them regardless of who it says forwarded it to me.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.