Jackplate - CMC 5.5" - $125

Started by smbassman, December 22, 2005, 11:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smbassman

CMC manual jackplate with inner transom braces.  The jackplate is used but in fine working condition and the two(upper & lower) inner braces are brand new and help spread the load of the bolts better than fender washers.

I am asking $125

Hey Dan - I see from the picture above that you don't have a plate and this would be perfect for that 492VS  ::).  That's the same boat I had when I bought this plate but I decided it was time for a new boat before I installed it.  A little extra leverage will help keep that air craft carrier nose up!

djkimmel

I love my Ranger (I just have to watch out when I'm fishing near Selfridge sometimes...)

Actually, I had a hydraulic CMC jackplate on there that I also loved, especially on the shallow stuff, although it was also good for dropping the lower unit deeper in rough water too.

It was slightly damaged when I knocked off my old Johnson Limited Edition. I took it off after a while when I had on my last outboard. Ranger told me because the 492VS has such a long built-in setback, that for my situation, my boat would be faster without the jackplate by 4 mph.

So after CMC rebuilt the jackplate, and because I was fishing mostly open water, I left it off. My boat was 4 mph faster without it.

I still miss the jackplate at times (I sold it too since I wasn't using it). I'll probably get another one once I have a different boat that needs one, but for now, the 'aircraft carrier' is fine without one.

Jackplates are nice for most bass boats.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

You might want to try posting on the bass fishing home page sale board too. I've had good luck with that one for selling props and jack plates.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

smbassman

Thanks for the tip on the BFHP.  I'll post there also.

BTW - what kind of speed do you get out of that boat?  My '95 w/225efi was a mid 60's boat and I bought that jackplate and several different props because of the internet!  Almost everyone on the net adds 3-5mph to their actual top speed and I actually believed that boat should run 70-75 if I had the right set-up.  Hopefully my internet BS filter has improved!

Thanks again!

djkimmel

I guess I'm too fat... er, too well padded to be blistering fast. My boat runs 58 to 61 with two sturdy anglers, enough stuff for a tackle shop and a small marine supply and 50 to 64 gallons of gas.

I actually like it when it's really loaded up with weight so I can't jump the wave too high...

With not much in it an only me, I've got it up to 66 with my last two motors. Never have run it that way yet with my new Yamaha HPDI 225. Best hole shot I've ever had though with the awesome torque and about the same exact loaded top end as my last motor, and I will probably raise the motor a little this year since it seems slightly low. It really was slower with a jack plate than without. My boat is much older too though - a 1993.