email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: erie waves  (Read 2696 times)

McCarter

erie waves
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »

from bassfan dock talk:

Monster Erie seas 10/7/2009

Looking for a relaxing day of smallmouth fishing? Count Lake Erie out today. Gale-force winds to 50 mph out of the west have created monstrous seas throughout the central and eastern basins.

The photos to right (click to enlarge) were taken early this afternoon along shore in Dunkirk, N.Y. Beyond the guardrail is a popular public beach which is now completely submerged. Waves as high as 14 1/2 feet were recorded this morning off Port Colborne (across from Dunkirk on the Canadian side), and waster has pushed its way into the eastern basin. Levels are at least 6 feet higher than normal in Dunkirk, and total water-level surge is expected to reach 8 feet this afternoon.

Gordon Lightfoot once sang about the "gales of November" – weather that could sink a ship like the Edmund Fitzgerald. Those winds are typically out of the north and are often Alberta Clippers. But recently, the gales of October from the west have been the ones to remember. If you haven't heard the song in a while, here's a vid. And here's hoping every sailor is safe.

UAWBigDog

Re: erie waves
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »

The weather buoys were recording waves in the 7 to 8 foot range in U.S. waters and the Canadian was reporting almost 9ft on that day.  "Big wind, big bite" they say.  I don't think I would chance it.   :o

BD        ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:24:29 AM by UAWBigDog »
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

I saw 15.1 on the bouy off of Buffalo.  Yikes, that would be wild to see.  I would LOVE to take a bass boat out there, just too see what it is like.  Of course, not MY boat, and please have the USCG chopper nearby....

UAWBigDog

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »

Wow, 15.1 on Erie.  That's a good day to stay home and hug the couch!!!     :o

BD         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassmandan

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

or kiss the drier ground...
"dont stop keep fishing"

UAWBigDog

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 07:38:09 AM »

or kiss the drier ground...

I will stick to "hugging" the couch.    :P

BD       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassmandan

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »

w/e floats your boat LOL :D
"dont stop keep fishing"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge