Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

questions about humminbird SI

Started by fowlmouth, May 27, 2009, 03:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fowlmouth

okay, here's a question for you guys with SI. I'm looking at the 997c SI and would like to see the display at the bow, anyone mounted the transducer on the TM?  I see they make a trolling motor mounted transducer, which would work great if you only went straight all the time.

Do they make a unit that will display the side imaging from the 997 that I can mount on the bow and link together. Do most of you guys just swivel the RAM mount around and look back at it?

REEL_MAN

Check with Rufus (PM him), He has one on the console and the trolling motor.

REEL_MAN
<))))>{

Cy

I have heard of several guys that have put an SI unit on their trolling motor.  Check bassbostcentral.com and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/ for more information and opinions.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

This sounds familiar... like it was discussed on the bass boats boards below, but it sounds like fowlmouth was asking also about an alternate unit at the bow to display from the unit at the console...? Like an extra monitor? I don't recall that being discussed before or seeing it on the Humminbird web site? Last I checked on this, it was an issue of the large amount of bandwidth required I believe.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fowlmouth

yeah, I see no mention of being able to operate one as a "monitor" on the bow on the humminbird website. I wish I knew how much the lowrance side imaging is gonna be, supposed to be released at icast in july. Don't know if I can wait that long ::)

Bender

From what I have read I think you can link the units to use one transducer if you want. But then you are seeing things 20' behind you. I have turned my ram mount around before, but it gets confusing since left is right and right is left. Things get blurry when you turn sharp with the main one so I imagine that when you turn the TM it wouldn't work very well, but if you are cruising a weedline or something it should be fine. I haven't had mine too long, but so far it is amazing. The only bad part is cruising around at 4 MPH all the time.
Here are a couple other sites:
http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php?sid=17fe917ade3849d524c20bb7a3342672
http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=udbq2n0obqgl4gpjocftttgvf5&

Correction: It appears that you cannot share sonar data on the Interlink network.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Buckeye

I like my 797, but it is at the console.  The 997 and 1197 are much moer powerful IMO, and are a better investment.  I'm looking at trading my boat in on a newer Ranger, so I am cinsidering an upgrade or switching back to the Lowrance HD units.  I'd like to wait and see the side imaging, but I might npt be able to wait that long.

What you describe sounds difficult at least and possibly unattainable.  I never thought that turning a RAM-mounted unit around would cause such issues, but that makes sense too.

Eric

Eric

I put the TM transducer on my boat.  I like it.  If I want to see what I may be approaching, I can just turn the pedal and it will  look ahead of me.  Or in any other direction I choose. 

I mounted mine at the console when I got it on a RAM mount.  But I had an old humminbird unit that I got as a spare years ago that included the mount, all the hardware, etc.  So all I did was get the TM transducer, used all the old stuff and mounted a "station" up front.  I just detach it from the console and snap it on at the bow and I am good to go. I like it.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

1javelin

Would be nice if it gave a 360 degree view and up was always North!!!!

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

traversebass

I've got two 997 SIs on my Ranger--one on the console, and one up front mounted on the TM.  I love having the two units, however when first mounted, there was a huge interference issue.  Humminbird acknowledged that there is a problem with mounting both.  Originally, they told me that I could not run both together, and that I would have to turn one of the units off.  For that much money for each, I told them that this was unacceptable.  I should be able to have 50 of them all working. 
   Since then, they sent my dealer an interference-dampening kit that also ties into the trolling motor wiring.  According to Humminbird, units sold this year still have that problem, but it is to a lesser degree.  There is still an interference issue, but they have a fix for it (whatever that means.)
   In short, I love the units, but would caution that using two of them will require an interference dampening kit.   And yes, with the Interlink system, you can use the two units together (waypoint on one, and it waypoints on the other....)  Hope that helps.