Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ideas on a bassin vacation...

Started by Rocknfish, March 09, 2009, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocknfish

Hey guys, I have 2 open weekends this coming spring and am looking to make a 4-5 day trip.The weekends are May 15th,16th and June 6th,7th.I live in Cleveland,Ohio and love bass fishing in the wolverine state...Ohio doesnt hold a candle(minus Erie).Have only fished Arcadia(once),Tippy(once),and St.Clair(twice).My boat is a 17' Bass Tracker with a 25hp.Merc.Somewhere with nice camping and great smallie and largie fishin.Also-if anyone ever needs a co-angler,feel free to drop me a line.Have never fished a tourney but would love to get involved.Thanks to all.  :)
Aaron
Rock and fish...thats what I do!

BigSmallie

Head to Alpena MI. and stay at Long Lake State Park.     You can fish both Long Lake & Grand Lake in Alpena for Smallies........then head to Fletcher Pond 20 miles West and fish for Largies.     All 3 lakes would be small enough for you to enjoy with the size of your boat.....unless the wind picks up!     Grand and Long lakes I believe are approximately 5,800 acres each and Fletcher Pond is around 8,000......so you won't get cramped up on the lakes!

The dates you listed would put you in prime pre-spawn and spawn times.

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

McCarter

if you end up in Alpena during the May 16 weekend, we will have to hook up.  I will be on Grand Lake with a group of buddies.

McCarter himself :-\'

fiker

brian, is that the trip you took last year? 

If so, I'd like to find out info on the place that you guys rented.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

McCarter

Rick,

Yes, this was the lake we went to last year.

We rented a house from a couple.  I just called them a week ago to rent it again and as it turns out, they are now seperated and he is now living in the house.  He is going to get back with us to let us know if he can find another place to crash for a week when we come up but i am looking at other places.

there is a place up there that has 3 cabins that sleep 6 each right on the water.  we will probably book that place.  there are a few other places as well including a large lodge ( say that 3 times fast ) that is also right on the water.

McCarter himself :-\'

stackenem

McCarter wern't you the one complaining about the DK open being on your birthday and now you are going up north? Whats up with that LOL
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Rocknfish

Thanks for the input fellers.Sounds like Ive got quite a hike ahead.Just lookin for some beautiful scenery and a few beautiful lakes loaded with smallies and largies for 4 days.Sounds like Long and Grand have plenty to offer.Seeing that my boat and motor arent the biggest,would those lakes be a good fit for me?Keep em comin guys!

BTW- C&R ONLY for me...
Aaron
Rock and fish...thats what I do!

BigSmallie

Yes.....all 3 lakes will work just fine with a boat your size......that's why I mentioned them.     However, having said that, if the wind blows 20 mph or higher......they can get real nasty!

I know several people with boats the same size as yours that have fished the lakes for years.

Long Lake has a lot of fish in it that can be caught all over the lake.......Grand Lake has the bigger fish.    Both fun and different from one another.    Fletcher Pond is shallow.....but wide open......so if you go for the Largies on Fletcher Pond.....make sure you pick a calm day!!!!    Lot's of stumps in Fletcher Pond so drive slow........but the largies are very big!!

If you get a nice day with calm winds.......you could also drive 12 miles South of Alpena and fish Hubbard Lake.  This is a much bigger and wider lake and is subject to wind.......but the smallies are very big.....with LOTS of them!!!!   

All 4 lakes are within 20 - 30 miles drive from Alpena.   

Without hesitation.......I can "guarantee"... that you WILL catch plenty of Smallies.      If you decide to fish this area send me an e-mail prior to coming up and I will get you pointed in the right direction so you won't be running all over the lakes looking for fish.......I'll get you right on them.

BS  ;)   
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"