Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Top Bass 2006 schedule UPDATED 1/17/06

Started by djkimmel, December 17, 2005, 09:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Well, I finally remembered to call Elmer at Top Bass. Got him today and he said the 2006 schedule is almost completely set. I believe he is just waiting for confirmation on a couple more ramps.

Here's the Top Bass 2006 schedule:
5/27/06     Saginaw Bay
6/10/06     Houghton Lake
6/24/06     Sanford Lake
7/8/06      Wixom Lake
7/22/06     Houghton Lake
8/6/06      Muskegon Lake   (Sunday)
8/19/06     Sanford Lake

Championship
8/26-27/06? ? ?Wixom Lake

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

Thanks Dan, thats a great schedule for us Mid-Michigan guys...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

5alive

I like the schedule, I may have to take part again this year. Other than the west side. Would like to see a different lake for the championship though.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

dhuff

I'm glad to see that they picked some bigger lakes this time, instead of trying to get 72 boats onto Lobdell.  I have heard alot about the championship tournament being held on Wixom Lake.  I have heard that the tournament directore lives on the lake so that is why he puts the championship tournament there every year.  If that is true sounds like he may be taking a home field advantage.  I will just leave it at that...........

MBell

I heard the same thing about the championship, thats why it's on wixom every year.  I like the format of the tournaments, however I was passed in a no wake zone during blast off by one of the directors. Only fished a few so don't know if this is allowed because they have to come in early for weigh-in.  The weigh-in was great and the top bass staff were great, I'll be back for more next year. 
-Matt 

djkimmel

Do Elmer and Steve actually fish the events? I only fished the one at Houghton Lake in June last year and didn't notice if they actually fish. I only saw them at the weigh-in area. I did enjoy the event and it seemed like a decent bunch of guys - we did not have a huge turnout in the event I was in - about 40 or 50 boats.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MBell

I don't know if they fish, I didn't see them weigh-in but I think they do.  The guy doing the blast off was the last one out and he weighed fish.  Now days 40-50 boats is a pretty big event with all of the competition, I think the format top bass uses could do pretty good in other parts of the state.
-Matt     

Cheetam

I don't know much about Top Bass, so excuse my ignorance, but what format do they use?  Thanks!
Jeff

MBell

You fish by yourself, 5 fish. 
-Matt

Cheetam

Quote from: MBell on December 21, 2005, 10:28:19 AM
You fish by yourself, 5 fish.?
-Matt

Sweet...thanks for the info Matt.
Jeff

chase5004

Refernce Elmer and Steve fishing? They both due and they normally fair pretty good. They are both put into the hat for boat position and whoever gets drawn first the other one does the blasting off. During the 2 day championship one of the many volunteers does the blasting off using a megaphone on the Cody-Esty Bridge.

The best part of this tourny series is that you do not have to be a member of any club to fish. I think it is a great format. It would be nice to fish with a partner sometimes on those long days.

Pat
Chase5004=Pitchnflip 

djkimmel

Just noticed I obviously have something wrong on the 7/27 date since that is not the weekend.

I'll have to get that corrected. Plus, there's an open tournament on the same day at the same ramp on Houghton Lake in June. I want to see if Elmer knows about that and if any changes have been made.

1/17/06 - updated two dates above - 1 correction and 1 change in bold. Also, Top Bass has the permit already for the South MDNR ramp at Houghton Lake on June 10.

blakstr1

I've probably asked this before so please excuse but...what are the entry fees for a Top Bass tournament and what is the average payout like...say based on 40 boats...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Hooksetter

This is straight from the Top Bass 2006 Tournament flyer.

Entry fee is $60.00, cash at the ramp only. Payback is in cash, 90%+, one place for every 7 entries.
One example is? 35 entries pays $750.00 for first & pay another 4 places. For 55 entries first is $1000.00 & pay another 7 places. They used to give plaques too but I don't see that on the flyer.

There is also an optional big bass pot and another optional pot.

If you call Elmer ( 517-592-3644) or Steve (734-788-9406) they would probably mail you a flyer.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

MBell