FLW Outdoors to use in water weigh in method

Started by djkimmel, March 21, 2006, 10:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

This is from the David Simmons intro letter under the Michigan TBF section above, but has general interest to anyone who want to improve bass (and other fish) release methods. I've heard about this unique and interesting weigh in method from my friends over at the Windsor Canadian Open on Lake St. Clair. It's been on my wish list of things to get more information on and possibly try to get some of our events to adopt or at least try it. Improved release success was a topic at my recent meeting with the MDNR Fisheries Management team.

"In-water weigh-in system is being introduced this season at FLW Outdoors events! This innovation greatly reduces fish handling and stress compared to dry-bag weigh-ins. Some of you may be familiar with this as it was pioneered and introduced in Canada with great success. FLW Outdoors has refined the system and is truly taking it to the next level in bass, walleye and redfish tournaments.

? We are currently fine tuning the equipment and procedures in selected events across the United States. Never before has an in-water weigh-in system been used in the United States on such a broad scale to promote fish health and conservation awareness!"

FLW Outdoors is also working with Minnesota DNR and 6 other states in a walleye release study. This was also brought up by our MDNR at my recent meeting with the Fisheries Management team. I've received some information on this from a fellow angler.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

raisinrat

Justin Clark