Little Traverse Bay

Started by Bigbass201, November 09, 2021, 07:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

Anyone fished Little Traverse Bay before?  If so, when is the best time to fish the bay?  I'm trying to plan a vacation, and I hit it little too early this year.

https://rumble.com/vovh1d-little-traverse-bay-michigan-smallmouth-fishing.html?mref=66lt3&mc=9e0fe

Chewy

I have never fished Little Traverse but now I am going to have to give it a shot.  I was up there rock hunting with my wife this fall and I forgot how nice that area is.  Lots of stuff for her to do while I fish.  Looks like first of July would be a good time to try it from what you showed in the video.  Thanks for posting.  The boat is put away so its good to watch and think of new ideas and areas to try. 

Bigbass201

Chewy,

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe 1st week of July.  My wife and I do rock hunting up there too.  Did real well on the Petoskey stones this year.    Still have Charlevoix, Walloon, and Six Mile Lake Videos I'll be posting this winter.  Don't know if you have fished any of those.

Chewy

I LOVE Charlevoix, have not been on the other two.  Every time I drive by Walloon I tell myself I have to get on it.  I was thinking of doing a spring trip on Walloon.  Crooked Lake just north of Petoskey is a great lake to try also.  I have done pretty well there in the past.

Bigbass201

We've done really well on Walloon, but getting a giant there is probably not going to happen.  Lots of 2 to 3 lbers.  Crooked we've had one great day and last year we were beat off it with the weather.  Fun lake to fish.  We have some old Walloon and Crooked videos on our Rumble page.  You just have to scroll through the pages to find them.  Some of them were our 1st videos, so maybe not quite as good of quality.

Chewy

I will take a look at them.  Help me get through the winter.  Some boys from my high school team drove up to Elk Rapids and put in on the bay today.  Had about 21.5#   Too cold for me but they had fun.

Bigbass201

Man that had to be cold with that breeze.  We still have snow sitting on the ground here.  They have Skegemog just down the road from Elk that can be really good.  Clam is a good lake to get out of the wind too.

Chewy

Teenage boys are a little crazy.  They said they caught 10 fish.  Best 5 weighed 21.5  Not too bad for this late in the year. 

Bigbass201

I'd say so.  Remember when I use to enjoy that.   ;D