Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hot maps question

Started by bassfan586, March 23, 2009, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassfan586

New to the site.  Lots of great info.  I picked up a navionics hot maps premium 2008 east edition a couple of months back.  I put it in my unit and when i turned it on none of the lakes in southern MI worked.  When I turned the boundary feature on all of northern mi and the up and other states the "area" covered was easily seen.  The lake names were there for southern mi but not the outline of the lake.  Rvrn up north burt lake was not there and that is the hd lake.  My waypoints appeared to be on land.  The mullet lake map was fine.  I'm stumped.  The unit is a 2006 humminbird 787c2.  Chip is compatable.  Anyone else experience this.  Do I need to upgrade my software on the unit?  I have a good idea how to do it but I just need to buy more hardware and it a tough time to do that now.  I did try the card in my handheld lowrance h20c.  Once I select the right area to view it worked fine and all the lakes showed up great.  I have not yet registered my unit serial number with humminbird to see if software is up to date.  Any ideas or help is much appreciated.
Got one!

fiker

I don't know anything about humminbird, but on my lowrance you have to load which section of the data base you want  It's because the chip handles so large an area.  Southern Mi is is under the s's on the list.  (I think).
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Fishmael

My guess is that it is in a different area of the Hot Maps software.  I know with mine, I have to make sure I am in the correct region for the map to show up.  For example, if I want a map that may be more toward the east side, it may not show up if I am in the West Michigan region.  I would try pulling up the other areas up there to see which section it was included in. 

bassfan586

I just realized Iposted this question in the wrong page sorry :(  I know how to change the area on my lowrance handheld.  How do I change it on my humminbird.  I went through the menus and couldn't seem to find how.  I thought I read that you didn't have to do anything with the humminbird just plug and play.  Only the lowrance units the viewing area had to be selected.  My unit shows all areas but southern mi.
Got one!

Cy

I have a 2007 map card in my Humminbird 900 series and everything was automatic.  I don't remember having to setup anything.  I would check Humminbird's web site for the latest software or email joby@humminbird.com, he is a GLB member and should be able to help you or send a PM to bryanp, also a member.

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

bassfan586

I'll have boat out next week.  So i'll get my serial numbers and contact humminbird about software upgrades.  I thought that the cards read automaticaly in the humminbird units.
Got one!

bassfan586

Talked to a humminbird rep to day and found out that my unit was built specifiacly for boat builder and that my unit is not upgadeable.  So I wasted money on a navionics card and sd/mmc cards >:(  Wisg they could have told me that when I originaly contacted support.  So if any of you have a 787c it is probably not upgradable.  I'm so bummed out about it.  Don't have the money now to get a new unit either.  Guess I'll have to save up for the 997.
Got one!