Lakes and ponds in Orion

Started by offthehookdetroit, August 28, 2020, 02:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offthehookdetroit

Is there ANY spot in the Orion area that isn't private that has access to bank fishing spots?

djkimmel

That's a great question. I don't live in the area so not sure from what little I know. I think the DNR ramp on Orion gets so busy (way undersized) that they won't allow anyone to park in there and fish from shore. They've done things to discourage people from doing anything but launch boats there.

Are there any local parks in the area that are on water? Hey, what about Bald Mountain State Recreation Area? That's just to the east. Numerous little lakes and streams. Pretty sure you can fish some of those from shore.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

There's also Orion Oaks County Park. Lake Sixteen is in that park area. Maybe that allows shore fishing?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.