Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St.clair?

Started by bassassasin88, October 30, 2008, 05:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassassasin88

Hey, has anyone been to st.clair lately? Just wondering if its worth heading out there this weekend. Maybe try the mile roads, Hopefully the waters clear. Shallow, deep? Any info will help. Thanks!

bassaddict

Take me with you and well get some bass. Nothing like spankin a smallmouth early in the season. Im headin out to canton pond today i think.
Think with your flippin stick jimmy.

djkimmel

Please remember the catch and release bass season does not open in Michigan until the last Saturday in April, so no posting is allowed about bass fishing trips or reports in Michigan on the forum until the last Saturday in April. I personally support following the present regulations, but will not tell anyone else what to do. Just please, no public discussion about your bass fishing results or plans in Michigan until the season is open.

I do not want it to appear that GreatLakesBass.com condones any disregard for any regulations. Thanks for your understanding and thanks for joining. There will be plenty of bass fishing reports for Michigan once the season officially opens.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Why don't we start by catching them big walleye in the river eh! ;D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

motocross269

Now that is what I am talking....Walleye,,,YUMMM!!!

Wolf_fisherman

Heck yah early spring walleyes!might b going in cpl weeks to hit the river. if theres any launchs open down that way
Carpe Diem

djkimmel

Someone's pestering me to hit the big Detroit River for walleye. This is just a real busy show period or I'd do it since I finally knocked the spring Detroit River walleye monkey off my back the last time out!! Maybe the weekend after Easter if things aren't already winding down too much (I forget).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

Walleye's are running good in the rivers down here right now, so I bet the Detroit River is stacked. I would go but it's shoulder to shoulder in both the Maumee and the Sandusky and I'm not into all that.

Got Fish??

Took a ride to lakeside tackel today. capt. Dan says water temp is still vary cold. Took lakeshore dr. home the water was pounding the shore and capping about2-3 feet vary muddy. The fishing for eyes has not really started yet. My father lives down on the island. He has seen vary few boats if any on the river.

Wolf_fisherman

i wouldnt take what good ole capt dan takes to heart. half the time hes wrong and the other half he's so vague on what he says it doesnt make sense.
Carpe Diem

dashaver63

I was surprised to see limits of walleyes coming out of the Maumee and Sandusky, Both just dropped below the flood stage they were in a week ago and are still very muddy. Mostly jacks coming out but the females started to show up yesterday. I think the muddy conditions help the water warm faster, the dark water absorbs radiant heat better than the clear water.

huston

Today, i took a look at a few  launch sites on St. Clair to see if they were open. Selfridge, Harley Ensign, and the Clinton River cut off were open, but none of the walk on's were in the water yet. Metro Beach, I learned from another source was open with the walk on's in place. Blossom Heath was open also. The water was real dirty and waves were out.  I'm going to find out tomorrow if that DNR launch in Fair Haven is open. I want to do some crappie fishing in the canals around there. I still have not started the boat yet. I've been loading waypoints in from my Hot Maps explorer program. I've been to a few inland lakes too but the ramps were not out yet.