Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Chevy Wild Card Location

Started by LAPORTE, October 06, 2008, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

I just got off the phone with FLW.The Chevy Wild Card Location will be  Pickwick lake in Florance Al. @ the end of the month.....

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Dan

Can you explain this wild card opportunity? Is it a chance to yet qualify for the Regional or the All American? Being a BFL newbie I'm not up on this stuff like I should be.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

LAPORTE

The wild card tourney is for the front and back anglers that fished all of the tourneys in there Div. and did not make the top 40. the top 6 from the wild card go to the all american. It's kinda like a regional for the loosers like myself 62 place Michigan Div. ....lol I told myself if it were 8 hours or closer I would go but being in Al. 10.5 hours drive it's a no go for me.

Don L

Dan

It's all about the big adventure. Gas prices are going down so that extra 2.5 hours is a lot cheaper. Lots of good barbecue down there and you are just a short drive from Athens, AL which has my favorite bait shop, West End. Last year at Halloween we fished Wheeler and the shad were started to pop in the creeks and a rattletrap was the ticket.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

LAPORTE

Ahhh   Fishing and food what more could a overweight 1/2 hillbilly ask for ....lol I think Im going...lol  ;D ;D

thanks for the advice Dan Im still on the fence on this one...

Don L

Dan

My buddy Don's son lives in Cincinnati and gas is $3.08.

LAPORTE

your makin it tougher thats for sure .... also free entry ...

Stretch MFD

Hey Don,

Larry Regina here, and I think you should go.  I kinda wish I hadn't told FLW that I would go to Cherokee and go to Pickwick instead.  Oh well my bad :-\'

Good luck if you decide to go, and if you do there is a super8 hotel on the way into town that has really reasonable rates.  That is usually where I stay when I go down.

Tight lines and be safe.

Larry

Dan

When are you leaving Larry? Map Quest shows 606 miles from my house to Morristown. We are leaving Monday morning and Don and I are staying in Morristown at the Super 8.

Dan

Stretch MFD

I think I'm going to head out on Saturday morning.  Map quest said it's like 530 mi from South Bend to White Pine.  I am staying at the Days Inn in White Pine because I could get it for like 38.00 a night through expedia, and it is only like 13 or 14 miles from the ramp. 

I'm not sure if Curtiss is going with me when I leave or come down later in the week.  So I may have an open seat for practice.

Larry

Dan

I'm going to be heading down with my traveling partner Don. He will be pulling his boat so I already have a ride to prefish. We may be having a third person ride with us so maybe we'll give you a shout and he can prefish with you. We'
re paying a bit more at the Motel 8 in Morristown, $50 a night, which still is quite reasonable.

Stretch MFD

Sounds good, be safe heading down.