Jig paint and glitter for Hunlee!!!!!

Started by hunlee, September 04, 2008, 06:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunlee

Hunlee is wanting to know what is best jig paint for painting jig head?????Hunlee allso want to know best way to put nice glitter in said paint like what youin get from factory made jig??????Hunlee getting into making jig but only use black paint now from Wally world!!!!!Hunlee think there is better paint and glitter!!!!!!!Hunlee allso want to paint spinner bait head aswell as new mold has come to Hunlee!!!!!!Two jig mold has allso come to hunlee!!!!!!Hunlee has seen the error of his way and will never go back to jail!!!!!!

hunlee
hulee is friend to all people

McCarter

what kind of quantities is hunlee doing '  ?   

canvsbk

Pro Tech powder coat is the right stuff.( available in tons of color with or without glitter.)
Step 1 - buy the paint and then send the Mrs. off to visit her sister or something.
Step 2 - turn your oven on to 250' and hang all your unpainted jig heads in there. (at this point you may want to put some tin foil or a cookie sheet on the floor of the oven to prevent making pretty little pink or red or blue or whatever color powder coat spots that will have to be expained later. )
Step 3 - Take some needle nose pliers and remove a head and dip in the powder coat, they cool very fast so you can clean the hook eye with an awl or whatever.( I use my fingernails.)Hang back in oven on rack.
Step 4 - When they're all coated,( a matter of minutes for a couple dozen), turn the oven up to 350' wait 10 minutes and remove. You will not believe how they look and how tough the stuff is.
DON'T touch 'em together until cool, DON'T drop one on the floor, and don't forget to remove the evidence gathering tin foil from the bottom of the stove.
(by the way, it's so easy and works so good you'll want to try some other stuff. I never have been able to completely remove the melted X-Rap from inbetween the grates....)
Look past what they want you to see.

cameraguy

You can also buy the glitter separate and add it to the powder paint.

You also might want to go to a big warehouse-type store, like Costco, and buy a small convection oven (looks kind of like a overgrown toaster oven) and use that instead of the your main oven.  I think they cost about $60 or $70.  They heat up faster and you won't chance ruining an oven that you use to cook food.  Plus, I don't want any of my jig making supplies anywhere near our kitchen.

hunlee

Hi there Hunlee hear!!!!!Hunlee want to thankyou for trying to help!!!!!!Hunlee is wanting to make many any many jig for own use and to sell to friend or two!!!!!!aNNAONE WHO FISH JIG WILL YOU PIKE AND OTHER FISH LIKE THEM!!!!!!jIG FISHERMAN NEED PLENTY CAUSE SHARP ROCK AND TEETH OF FISH TAKE JIG AWAY FOR YOU AND HUNLEE!!!!!!!hUNLEE HAVE LEE MELTIN POT AN WHEEL WEIGH LEAD FOR MAKIN JIG!!!!!!!!hUNLEE ALLSO MAKE OWN SKIRT FROM RUBBER AN OTHERE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!jIG FISHERMAN ALLSO NEED GOOD PAINT,NICE SHINEY GLITTER AN GOOD QUALITY HOOK TO PENATRATRATE MOUTH OF FISH!!!!!!hUNLEE FISH WITH STIFF ROD AN DRIVE HOOK DEEP INTO MOUTH OF FISH!!!!!!mAYBEE OTHER MEMBER HEAR WILL TRY TO HELP HUNLEE ASWELL!!!!!!!Hunlee send many thanyou and good will tword man!!!!!!

hunlee

McCarter

if your doing that many you might want to check into a fluid bed and some cups. you will appreciate how fast and clean it is  .    check out tackleunderground.com forums under wire baits for info and ideas. i want some jigs so tell me how i can become friend to hunlee '

hunlee

Hi there Hunlee hear!!!!!!Hunlee will go an check out web site in witch you say!!!!!Hunlee can be good friend to you on later day butt today Hunlee go check out web site!!!!

hunlee

cameraguy

I think Hunlee might want to consider removing lead sinkers from his diet.