Baby Bass

Started by Cheetam, August 06, 2008, 09:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

I had an opportunity to get out the other night.  I love throwing a baby bass pattern all year long and wanted to come up with a decent pattern for a deep diver (12-14 ft, a 22 coming soon  ;D).  Here's what I came up with:

Baby Bass- Opaque white belly, pearl gray belly scaling, custom medium pearl green back and sides, pearl gold scaling back and sides, custom dark pearl green back (top) and same color for eye and side striping.  Oh, and a shot of pearl red on the chest for good measure  ;D.  The pictures really didn't turn out too well, but, I'm a fisherman, not a photographer...The first was taken indoors, the second outside in natural light.

Jeff

Durand Dan

Nice! Baby Bass is my favorite color, wether it be Senkos, Bandits, etc.

dartag

Darn,   i thought maybe you changed one of the girls names.  pretty bait.  how do you drop shot them...

Cheetam

Quote from: Durand Dan on August 06, 2008, 10:41:30 AM
Baby Bass is my favorite color, wether it be Senkos, Bandits, etc.
Mine too...especially on the inland lakes.
Jeff

Cheetam

Quote from: dartag on August 06, 2008, 10:46:13 AM
how do you drop shot them...
I am going to drill a hole through the lip, just in front of the line tie.  Palomar knot to the line tie, dropper through the hole in the lip  :D.  Oh, and I might soak it in Gulp! juice to give the fish an added incentive to bite.
Jeff

Wolf_fisherman

I have used the Baby Bass pattern in the Zoom Flukes the baby size and the 4" flukes and have hammered the largies in the spring where i fish for em. I usually use the bubblegum but this year they wouldn't touch it. So switched over to the baby bass and i went thru 2 packs in about a 4hr trip just fishing them weightless on a wide gap 3/0 hook. I have also used them in a 4" wacky worm from zoom dropshotting and wacky rig and have done good.The Rapala dt3 cranks in baby bass have done awesome as well......gotta love them cannibal bass lol.
Carpe Diem