A Few New Repaints...

Started by Cheetam, July 07, 2008, 10:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

I saw thedude's post about it being slow in the rod building forum and figured I'd post a few repaints since it's been equally quiet  here..

The first is Joshimotoson's wedding present (for the FLW championship).  A Daiwa TD Dragger with a very subtle blueback herring pattern (pearl white belly, pearl gray scaling, gold sides and cheeks, gray/blue back w/bronze highlights, and pearl red scaling near the tail).

The second is a DT 10 in a modified "torn nylons" pattern (pearl white bottom, black base along the back layered with white, orange and brown scaling, pearl orange head, cheeks, tail, and front belly w/ a splash of pearl purple under the lip, and a very light dusting of pearl purple along the back). 

And lastly, a log perch rattletrap for McCarter (black base, pearl white belly, light cream scaling, dark brownish-bronze bars and back, light green lateral line, pearl orange belly to tail, and pearl red under the head).
Jeff

Cy

Cheetam,

You have a gift!  They look great.  What do you use for the scale pattern?  Some type of screen?
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Cheetam

Quote from: Cfruel on July 08, 2008, 09:28:50 AM
Cheetam,

You have a gift!  They look great.  What do you use for the scale pattern?  Some type of screen?

Thanks Cy.  For the scales I used the flexible mesh off of a bug catching net my daughter destroyed  :D.  I also have a couple other screens I have tried, but so far, I like this one the best.  I would like to get something with a little larger pattern for the bigger baits, but so far I haven't found a material that is flexible enough (although my daughters have a mesh laundry bag that might do the trick ;D).
Jeff

bshaner

Cheetam, if I show you a crank bait, oh say one that has been golden for me - could you replicate it?  I think you know the one.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Cheetam

Quote from: bshaner on July 08, 2008, 11:19:11 AM
Cheetam, if I show you a crank bait, oh say one that has been golden for me - could you replicate it?  I think you know the one.

B

It's possible.  If I remember correctly, it was semi-transparent, right?  That would take a little extra work (unless the blanks are clear to begin with).
Jeff

bshaner

It's super secret and I'll need you to sign an NDA before I actually give you pictures of it.  I dont want anyone knowing what crankbait actually works enough that I'd use it, as much as I hate crankbaits!!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844