Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sody results and good time Fishing FLW Lake St.Clair as co angler

Started by SODY, June 30, 2018, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SODY

I had a great time the FLW puts on a a great tournament and this one was no different.
Everyone who fishes as a co-angler knows it's the draw and this time I drew two Southern gentlemen , Harry Moore and Zell Rowland! I wont go into it , but those who fish St.Clair can read between the lines and the FLW rules will not let me share information with the pro so I was pretty much handicapped from the start but that as they say is fishing...so now the good parts.

Harry can flat out fish anyone I know with a crank-bait and was a great man. He has it down and proved it by fishing ALL DAY on the mile roads with one bait a KVD SEXY shad deep diver in 12 ' of water ticking the tops of the weeds. I struck first with a very long large-mouth on a new storm 360 swimbait gold pumpkin color. This fishery amazes me as this fish was very long and wide and weighed 3lb 2oz.  Spawned out. I have caught a 24 " 5lb 13 oz large mouth off a bed in mich my PB and i'm telling you this one will be bigger than that shortly. Im sure she was over 6 with eggs. Harry caught two largemouth , two large pike a 14 lber, three walleyes, 5 rock bass, and a white bass within site of the launch on the roads,
We went to the mouth of the detroit river and he caught a smallmouth. I threw a swimbait and crankbait and rattle trap and and and until I just stuck with the swim bait. No chance to fish slow fished a tube for 30 minutes. Could hardly move after day one....End of day one.
Bass are off the roads and moving deeper.

I had a chance to get my money back as two pros dropped out but hey who gets a chance to fish with Zell Rowland and work top waters on the river channel banks. I DID!
Right out of the gate I wacked a great one one on a KVD sexy shad pop R type and it came un buttoned. Watching Zell work a spook was amazing and I watched him club a 5lb er with it and it was awesome. Yes I picked his brain and it was worth the price of admission.

The rest of the day we fished 15-20' of water near belle river and points in between, I had two by 11:30 on drop shot and he added another good one. I wacked a release fish at 2:30 all came on a Jack all cross tail shad Christmas tree  pumpkin, tail  dipped it chartreuse dipping die. Overall I had five bites and I weighed four. for 11 lbs 2 oz total.
My pros came in right behind each other 167 / 168 place something like that. Basically they moved two fast to fish St.Clair, trolling motor on high.

Several co anglers had tough rides and Ron Norris my travel partner caught two limits cashing $1000 check. Go Ron! day two saw over 50 20 lb sacks caught most were caught off Canadian shores deeper. FLW tells it better on the website.

Lots of dock talk on eliminating co-anglers at the higher level, don't know were that is going. One very sad story is the DQ of Josh Douglas, evidently he bought the conservation Canadian license for two fish by mistake, was stopped by Canadians and had two release his fish, costing him a berth in the FLW cup and a fat check. Lesson learned he finished last :( 

I really enjoyed fishing with Zell and got a standing invite to fish Sam Rayburn so that was cool. I was able to give Captain Wayne and Extreme bass tackle as well as Great lakes bass and Dan a shout out live on stage so that was very cool. Thanks Guys! I fished hard .

We are off to Buffalo NY for the Costa FLW series at the end of July and I will report back.

Hollada

Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

detroit1

WAVE THERAPY

cameraguy

1BADAIR

Nice report.  I had a pretty good time but days other than the heat.

SODY

Thanks all, I can't wait to fish Buffalo, NY at the end of the month. Hoping for redemption!

Rangerman

dartag

Great report.  Guess you were with the Last Group of FLW Tour Co Anglers.   No more Co's next year.

SODY

I know right , crazy see my post in FLW on co's being out.