Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Diane Michigan Fishing Report

Started by Bigbass201, July 07, 2019, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

Jim and I ended up going back to Lake Diane.  I often ask myself why I keep coming back to this stingy lake.  I guess it's those from the DNR and other sources that say the lake has the potential to produce the next state record bass.  That coupled with the past success of catching some really big ones out of this lake.  We decided to go back and roll the dice on this lake and see if we could get something going.  This video will show you places to target on the lake, and it will also give you local knowledge from people that live on the lake.  They share with you what they've seen and noticed from the fishing on the lake through the years they have lived there.  The video is the link below if your interested in watching it.  Click the bottom right of the video next to Rumble for full screen view.

https://rumble.com/vbfz81-lake-diane-michigan-places-to-fish-on-the-lake.html?mref=66lt3&mc=9e0fe

djkimmel

I used to hear that like 20 years ago... not sure it still applies? I'll have to watch the video sometime this week because I never made it there yet due to the distance, remoteness and lackluster fishing reports from some people. Makes me think of my last two trips to Lake Hudson... are there even bass in there?!? Apparently, there are. I just don't know how to catch, though I can catch bass from a bunch of other places of many water varieties, even muddy water...?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bigbass201

It's truly swinging for the fences when you go to lakes like Diane and Hudson.  The Diane video will give you some of the main areas to try.  That will cut some dead water out.
I have a love hate relationship with Hudson.  Do you know there is a sunken bridge out from the ramp?  I seen a photo of a legit 8 lber that came a couple years ago.  Jim and I had one of our best inland lake fishing days there probably 4 or 5 years ago.  Our best 5 was around 26 lbs.  We keep coming back hoping to duplicate, but it doesn't seem happen.  Lake Diane is the same way.  The biggest I got there was about 3 years ago.  It was a 6 lb. 8 ounce in the middle of July.  Fish like that keep me coming back.  Plus I've heard tournaments weighing in 20 lb bags.  I've also heard of tournaments being won with one or two fish.   They both fish very similar. 

You know Dan,  I have a close friend that fishes the BFL.  He gave me some insight on a small lake in northern Michigan to try if the winds were bad.  Spring 2018 it was unbelievable!  We kept the name quite out of respect for my friend that gave the info.  We thought this lake was a golden gem.  Well long story short.  I fished it again in September and again this spring.  It was the worst lake I fished both trips.  It gave me a new perspective on how to view it.  I may not even fish it next year.  It really is all about timing and hitting these lakes at the perfect time.  It's so easy to be mislead and trying to duplicate what we've done in the past.  The same concept can be applied to certain lures and techniques you use.   You keep going back to what you've had success with in the past.