Biology, Conservation, Legislation & Regulations > Bass Biology & Management

Bed Fishing

(1/3) > >>

Durand Dan:
var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true}; I watched Ken Strickler's Hook and Look this morning on bedding Smallies. The Smallmouth they focused on was able, in a few short minutes to find it's way back to the bed after a catch and immediate release.
What's everyone's thought on bed fishing? Pro Bed Fishing or against?

blakstr1:
PRO PRO PRO PRO PRO ....  Did I mention PRO!

With a bit of sensitive conservation; BALANCE the key to most anything.

dartag:
PRO

bed fishing is fun and you can learn things watching fish in clear water.  i live on a clear lake with lots of smallies that spawn in about 4 feet of water.  they are real easy to catch.  i always bend the barb down on my hook.  i usually never handle the fish just reach down and un-hook them.  it is fun to take the wife along and let her catch a few.  they will return to the nest upon release.   i have caught the same fish 3 times in a short time period to prove a point.  sometimes it is just fun to sit and watch them work the beds. 

most paper tournys this spring will be bed fishing events.  my own preference is not to fish them because it is too easy to catch the same big fish more than once.  i know the rules say you can't but it seems to come up each year..  the DK open is my only exception.

Cheetam:

--- Quote from: dartag on April 22, 2008, 09:15:15 AM ---most paper tournys this spring will be bed fishing events.  my own preference is not to fish them because it is too easy to catch the same big fish more than once.  i know the rules say you can't but it seems to come up each year..  the DK open is my only exception.

--- End quote ---
So, what your saying is you will only catch the same big fish more than once in DK's open  ;)  JK partner...

dartag:
to be able to catch said Big Fish you must first find Big Fish.  that seems to be my problem. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version