dewart afternoon

Started by karol, May 21, 2016, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karol

after working in all the flower gardens this morning and using 48 bags of red mulch my wife asked if i was going fishing-wel duhh!!, was loaded in 5 minutes and got to the lake in 20 minutes, surprised not many cars at the launch, water temp was 69 at the ramp and 6 7 at the north west corner of the lake .

found some males guarding the nest and also some gills doing the same thing, I had a red red eye shad that i found out later was a 2 knocker tied on and started making long cast with my old berkley 7 ft lightning rod with 15 lb cxx, caught a nice 15" and also had a green pumpkin power worm texas rigged just for laughs  and while i was talking to my buddy on the phone a little 12 " hit it!! so i threw that a lot more and managed to get a nice pb tie off of his bed with the same worm!! had to leave early as my father-in-law wasn't responding at the nursing home but he's ok now. taking my grandkids and their mom and dad this saturday-oh boy! guy told me where the red ears are so i'll see about taking the kids there this weekend..

pics on my fb page

Firefighter Jeff

Sounds like a good day !!!

djkimmel

Sounds like a busy day!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

karol

went back to Dewart saturday with my family and water was 69 degress! went to the east side to calm my granddaughter down-she's only 5- and i was throwing a black and blue Lockjaw jig with a rage craw to match and caught some nice ones off the shallows and my granddaughter caught a nice 16" . she was throwing a pre-rigged worm- and the bass pulled her tip into the water and she wanted to give the rod to her dad-lol. she was slightly excited, and i was happy as a proud grandpa could be, got off around 1.30 and had a good time

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.