I'm Baaaaaaack

Started by Revtro, March 30, 2016, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

It's been a long time since I was here and it's good to be back.  I stayed away for a long while because to be honest, I missed fishing so much that it was depressing me.  Every time I saw a bass boat go down the road, I nearly wanted to cry.  ;)  But thank God I got a new boat!  With a family of 5 it was a tough decision.  Of course, bass fishing is where it's at for me, so a bass boat is my first choice.  But with 3 kids who all want to go out with me this summer, I had to compromise and get a 20ft. Sea Nymph aluminum.  I can still fish it the same way, but the whole family can come along which is the most important thing.  So it's back to the multi-species thing I guess, but it's ALL GOOD.  I can't wait to get back out on the water this spring.  I'm rarin' to go.  All I have to do is wire up the electronics and mount the trolling motor and I'll be ready to go.  It's an older boat, but well kept and with all the upgrades I'm doing to it right now, it'll be great. 

Anyway, a lot of you have kept in contact with me over the past couple of years and I want you to know it's been a blessing and I truly appreciate it.  I'm sorry I wasn't active here on the boards, but like I said, it was an emotional thing for me because fishing is my best and only outlet.  To me it's more than a hobby, it's a passion and a way of life.  It keeps me sane when life gets too nuts to handle. 

So I'm back.  Hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of me on the boards now and I hope to see ya'll on the water.  CAN'T WAIT!
Tom

Oh...and the boy is 2 and a half now, so pics coming soon in another post. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

YpsiBass

Welcome back Tom. I was just thinking about sending you a text about getting out on LSC this spring again. I owe you a pile of trips out there.

SethV

Hey Tom -   good to see you back in action.  I have been out of the fishing world for 2 years myself.  Sold my Z21 and have been traveling way too much for work.  Only been home 2 weeks this year.  Probably end up doing the BFL as a co-angler this year (yuk).  Even if I got a new boat, no time for prefish this summer.

Hope to see you on the water!!

Revtro

Well you know I'll take you and Luke out anytime you want man.  Just say the word and I'm there.  It'll be great to see you guys again.  When you know you'll be in town, gimme a shout and let's set up a St. Clair day.  ...as long as you don't mind an aluminum boat... ;)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Glad you could make a come back to the fishing world. It's been there and it's good for you. Hope things stay right for you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

You did it the right way. I could care less how much flack I receive by choosing a pontoon over a bass boat. I don't have the driveway to store 2 badness boats and I know one fills the house with joy and one would put me in KY, TN, and WI and end me up divorced.

So good choices and prioritization. We missed you, but understand. Welcome back brother.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Revtro

I'll go out on the pontoon with ya anytime Mojo.

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]