Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

I jneed to stop spending money on the boat!!!

Started by TheFishinPollock, May 29, 2015, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishinPollock

Installed a Teleflex blinker for the jackplate today conciderin the old 2 button, steering wheel gizmo deal cooked.  I think I'm in love with this thing! ;D Didn't even have to drilla hole for the wire as the gromett fit perfectly into the hole from where the Lowrance flasher control knob came through the dash!

Then I installed a brand new Jensen round radio ( it almsot drives the boat for you) and 1 of the speakers. Only one cause the rain was commin and I had to paint the plate that I had cut to replace the fiber board bow plate with the ChampioN logo in it. Really didn't want to cut a hole in that as Champ stuff is becoming scarse.  Got 2 small 2 1/2 inch hot tub speakers so I wasn't cutting 6 inch giant holes in a 29 year old boat.  Mannn they sound awsome.  Can't even tell they are not full sized speakers.  Got the idea from a buddie that built a angled box for the very nose of his bugboat with 2 of them in it.    They almost look factory. Put the consol one where that silly little, never worked past a hour, floor light was. The hole fit it perfect and everything!

But I really have to stop spending money and do some fishing.   Right after I put new floor carpet in it ..........................
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

You need to start posting more pics of the upgrades !!!   :)

TheFishinPollock

I will Jeff.

I just finished installing the 2nd front speaker, fixing the wheel/fender inside cover on the trailer, and figuring out why in the world the HDS unit wouldn't power up.    There is such a nest of wire harnesses under that dash and everything is somehow connected. So much so that when I put the radio in using the old cig lighter wires , I cut the hot lead to the HDS unit.(and was no where near the 2 wires connected directly to the unit's power source) . LOL

I did find a new product for buffing and sealing the hull and topcap. Really did a nice job. Easy to work with, lotion type material, by machine or hand, dosen't get dusty when you buff with it. Worked better than a 3m buff and wax job on the top cap especialy. There is still some cloud to my top cap in places, but the top few mills of clear gel with duratec and no flake are just not there anymore. Tuff to keep it uncloudy all the time, but all in all for the price per bottle. Well worth the purchase.

After this weekend I'll do some really good shots of the new stuff. Hull,radio, JP. That kinda stuff.   Only thing left to do to it this year is put in some temp carpet on the floor and find a cupped 23 P 3 blade with the smaller diamater prop to test and see if that is what's missing along with getting the JP ceiling height set.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

6 lb Smallmouth

If I lived where Matt did I would spend a crapload on my boat since I would never be spending money on fishing trips.  The money I would save on gas and lodging.....
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

djkimmel

I would have a hard time working on my boat, truck, house, just about anything because there's too much great fishing nearby unlike the desert of Michigan here in Lansing ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Got Fish??

If you don't spend money your self, you will just spend it on something or someone else. Remember who the most important person is here.