Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What is next with the DNR?

Started by Kal-Kevin, October 27, 2014, 06:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kal-Kevin

Dan I was wondering what is next that we should watch out for or just what to expect?

I know we got the elections the 2nd of November and we should plan to vote yes on both proposal 1 and 2.

Then we have to wait till the middle of November for the DNR meeting to see what they hope to do.

What is the date of the meeting?

What else should we know of or plan on as far as it goes right now?

Thanks My Friend

Jay-MadWags

Election Day is Tuesday November 4th. 
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

djkimmel

I'm still working on what's next. I think later in the week after the election results are in I may get an update on timing. Right now the timing is for actual official action in Feb-Mar-Apr approximately. Maybe a presentation in February for action in March. That can still change.

I may speak at the November 6 in Lansing regardless because there's always more to say. Not necessarily a good idea but I'm getting advice from other people too.

I need to finish up some sample templates of points any of you can write and share with the NRC and MDNR Director at any time between now and a decision by one or the other regardless.

You can always send a letter or email to both the NRC and the MDNR Director stating that you (or your club/group/etc.) wants them to choose the supported Option 4/D. In the end, that is the message we need to get through to them - that more than enough people want the bass fishing option that provides the most fair and equal opportunity to the most anglers, and the MDNR has already stated that ALL the options present minimal risk to our bass, so why wouldn't they choose Option 4/D.

That is the option to have legal catch-and-immediate-release bass fishing all year while the 'harvest' season (regular bass tournaments too) would open the same day pike/walleye and muskie open inland - for the Lower Peninsula the last Saturday in April, and May 15 for the Upper Peninsula. 'Harvest' bass season would close December 31st on most waters as it does now.

You could CIR bass fish from January 1 until the harvest opener, and then bass fish any way you like from the last Saturday in April (May 15 U.P.) until December 31st. Most additional bass fishing opportunity, and the most fair to all bass anglers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.