Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Looking for a fishing partner

Started by Brody35, August 05, 2014, 12:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brody35

Hello my name is Brody Anderson. I am a new member to this site, but I already love the features and all that GreatLakesBass.com has to offer! I am in college at the moment and I am on the verge of getting a boat ;D. From a very young age Ive always wanted to participate in a bass fishing tournament and win. I love fishing and there is only one place id rather be than on the water and that's playing baseball but my love is for fishing! I am from Grand Haven Michigan.  I would like to find someone that would take me under their wing and develop me from just a guy that fishes to an angler.  Ive fished all of my life I just haven't had the most time to do it since I played high school and college baseball. Most of my summers have concluded of a little bit of fishing and lots of baseball and working to pay for mostly schooling and now trying to pay for a boat. I would like to find someone I could pitch in for costs with. I will pay for gas and snacks and stuff for out on the water  :) thank you for your time

Waterfoul

Welcome to the site!!

As an avid tournament angler I know that this time of year is very busy for many of us... getting out on the water for something other than a tournament is very hard for me to do right now.  In the fall however myself and others have more time to "fun" fish.  The lakeshore lakes really turn on in the fall and it's a great time to develop skills needed to successfully fish in tournaments.  Myself, Mike Szot (also on this site) and many others frequently hit lakes all over the state for some excellent fishing in the fall.  I'm sure there are some on here who could take you out and show you a thing or two right now but it would be a month or so before many of us have free time to do so (I also run a seasonal retail business so free time is hard to come by in the summer).

Hang in there and we (GLB members) will get you out on the water!

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

YpsiBass

Welcome to the site.  Lots of good people here.  The annual tournaments hosted by the site in the spring (LSC) and fall (west/north) side are great places to meet people and get a cheap day out on the water.  I've met so many people to fish with on this site and managed to find a good bass club to boot.  Check out this post because we're just starting up the signup process for the next tournament. 

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=25493.msg114791

Brody35

Thank you YpsiBass, and Waterfoul for the replies :) I know what you mean Waterfoul with the time part I haven't had a lot for a long time. finally with college baseball getting over now that I am coaching at the college level now and that's a lot of time taken away with also being a college student is kinda hard to manage my time. But once peoples seasons are calming down and have some free time I hope to get out on the water :) YpsiBass thank you for the reply ill keep checking in with that link I'm not sure on what my schedule will look like with coaching and also school but if it works I'm for sure coming to the tournament!