Reporting illegal netting

Started by matt, April 01, 2007, 06:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

How do i go about reporting somebody on illegal netting of fish.The guys there were using a triangle netting by the dam on ford lake right off of bridge road and rawsonville.These guys were keeping just about everything undersized fish including walleyes and bass.I confronted them like an idiot but you can guess that didn't turn out well.They kept probably a good 200 fish of different species.

How do i go about to solve this problem next time?Trying to find something on the DNR site about this,but nothing seems clear of what to do.

fowlmouth

contact the "RAP" hotline or http://michigan.gov/documents/Page_151710_7.htm will list the CO in your area with contact #'s. Did you get a license plate#?

Langer

Store the RAP Line # in your cell phone for quick access.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

1javelin

Not to knock DNR, as 'wonderful' as they may be, but I have used the RAP line twice now, once to report a trespasser on private hunting land I had permission and sole permission to hunt (not confronting a guy during gun season when all I hunt with is a bow), and once to report a dead hawk on the side of the road, and both times was given the run around by someone who acted like I was bothering her.  Not my idea of a good time, so I am going to try to get the direct numbers for the c.o.'s in my area for next time. 
Live to fish, Fish to live.

MYNAME

I once called the RAP line.  It was on thanksgiving day.  There was a hunter entering the woods already as I was getting dressed.  I could see that he had one hell of a flash light.  A couple seconds after entering the woods he fired 4 shots.  I called the RAP line an was told that in my counties and the surrounding 4 counties there was only 1 officer on duty that day and that there was nothing she was going to be able to do!

So remember kids, If your going to poach.  Do it on thanksgiving.

matt

Quote from: fowlmouth on April 01, 2007, 06:55:43 PM
contact the "RAP" hotline or http://michigan.gov/documents/Page_151710_7.htm will list the CO in your area with contact #'s. Did you get a license plate#?

No i didn't get the license plate#,the park is renewing their parking lot so all the cars are parking somewhere around,there's really no place to park there excpet either the side of a road or in the apartment complex next to the lake.
After confronting them like an idiot,they pretty much packed their stuff up in a hurry and left...For the fear of following them and them having a gun in whatever they came in i didn't want to risk getting shot at or something.So i didn't follow them back to get it.

if they come back next time you can be sure i'll figure out a way to get it,I'm not saying nothing next time,I'm just getting on the phone and call 911.I know the cops aren't gonna do anything much,least they will be able to hold them by the lake till DNR ranger comes or something.

1javelin

a little vigilanty justice would be nice.

;D ;D ;DVote BASS FISHERMAN judge, jury, and executioner ;D ;D ;D
Live to fish, Fish to live.

canvsbk

Great idea, wish I'ld thought of it. ;)
Look past what they want you to see.