Walleyes/ Detroit River

Started by Hooksetter, March 28, 2007, 04:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksetter

Got a fishing report late last night from a friend that was on the Detroit River yesterday. They fished the Trenton Channel, along with a bunch of other boats. He reported that they saw nearly everybody catching walleyes.

They caught 9 total in 3 hours. They were drifting 10-19 fow, using the tm just enough to keep a 3/8 chartruese jig tipped with a chartruese Mister Twister 4" curly tail grub on or near the bottom. The smallest fish went 20". The largest was a 8 1/2 lb. female. They took a picture of and let her go. They kept the rest, which were all males.

I hope to get out there Sunday, weather permitting.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

motocross269

Stay out of Elizabeth park on saturday...FLW walleye league tourney there this weekend...Curious to see how they do..Should be good weather.  I may try to get out Sunday also, I don't think the ramp will be too busy then. Still pretty early.  I am going to do my usual jigging, but I think I am going to try to run a drop shot with a tungsten weight..Maybe use a berkley gulp smelt bait..What do you think???