Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 FOM Saginaw Bay Launch Site??

Started by BigSmallie, April 04, 2007, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmallie

Does anyone know for sure if the launch site has been changed for the Saginaw Bay tournament?   I just checked both the National and Michigan FOM web sites and both still show the lauch site as Veterans Park, Bay City.

I know there was talk that the lauch site has been changed, however, I would have thought that the web site's would have been up-dated by now.   

Thanks!

BS  ;)

"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

dhuff

I did hear it was going out of AuGres now.  Where in AuGres I don't know.

thomas

Gentlemen,

We need to start calling John Carter the tournament director, to find out where we will be launching out of. :-\' I know he has been talking to Au Gres about launching there. It would be nice to know soon, so that we could start locating fishing spots as eartly as possible.

thomas :)

Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

BigSmallie

Then it appears no one knows for sure....and it has not been changed.     I will plan on Vet's Park as advertised.

Thanks.

BS  ;)

MBell

Quote from: thomas on April 04, 2007, 08:31:16 PM
Gentlemen,

We need to start calling John Carter the tournament director, to find out where we will be launching out of. :-\' I know he has been talking to Au Gres about launching there. It would be nice to know soon, so that we could start locating fishing spots as eartly as possible.

thomas :)

Don't worry about early practice, so much will happen with those fish right before the tournament.  The launch should't be a big factor on where you fish, if you have good fish found it shouldn't take long to get the ones you want.
-Matt
-Matt

Langer

I got an email today from John, he said that the tournament will be out of AuGres. He also said that if you are planning on staying at the host hotel to book your rooms as they are filling up quickly.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

thomas

Langer,

Did John say what the host hotel (Motel) would be?

thomas

Langer

Here is John's email for those of you who didnt get it.

Hey Fellow Anglers:

Anyone who is even considering fishing our June 2nd Fishers of Men Tounament on the Saginaw Bay, may want to book their room right away, you can always cancel later if you decide not to fish.  I just spoke with the host hotel, and they are booking rooms fast for June.  It is official, we will be launching out of Au Gres, for the Saginaw tourney, so all of you guys hoping to head to the Cherities, will be happy to know that you won't have a long run.   I will be in touch soon with more info for the 2007 season, but here is the info on the host hotel and tournament headquarters:

The Harbor Inn
324 East Huron St.
AuGres, MI  48703
989-876-7369

Ask for Eric and make sure you let them know you are with FOM !!! (if Eric is not there, anyone will be able to help you)
-2008 President

thomas

Thank you Langer. I guess I'll see you there.

thomas

Langer

There was an error in the phone #.  Here is the correct # 989-876-8131

I wont be fishing them Thomas, I am just on the email list from signing up for more information at the fishing show. I am thinking about fishing them next year though, if I can find a partner to fish them with.
-2008 President

thomas

Langer,

I do believe I'll need a partner next year if your interested. My son is fishing with me this year, but he's a walleye kind of guy.

thomas

Langer

Thomas,
That would work, let me know later this year. Where do you live?
-2008 President

thomas

Langer,

I live pretty close to you. Westland, MI. Let's get together sometime this season and go fishing.

thomas

Langer

Sounds like a plan, I grew up in Wayne. I sent you a PM with my email and Phone #.
-2008 President

BigSmallie

Langer:

Thank you for the confirmed launch update!!   

BS  ;)

silverminnow

Hey guys, I know you know it is in AuGres, but from what John told me the other night, it is out of the DNR ramp.  I didn't see that mentioned so I hope that helps as well.  I did book our rooms and the people there are very nice and seem to be excited that we are coming to fish out of Au Gres.  If they answer the phone as the chamber of commerce don't hang up it is the right number, they are both one in the same and I guess that the chamber is located at the hotel. Also, you are correct the number is 989-876-8131.  See you guys there.

Paul

thomas

Paul,

Are heading up to AuGres Friday morning? My son and I will be leaving early Friday. Let me know if you a Derick are heading out early. Meet you guys lets say, Tony's at Birch Run. Have breakfast.

thomas

silverminnow

I would love to do that but, I will be in Houghton Lk. that week for the NBAA classic.  I won't get to AuGres until about 5pm or so.  I will take a rain check if that is ok.  Tell you what I will buy dinner on Friday night.  How about that....  Sorry it took me awhile to respond, I am in Kansas right now and only have access to the net at night and no cell phone reception at all.  That is ok though, I will answer the 1000 messages that will be on my voice mail on Wed. when we head for home and get into a service area.  Talk to you soon.

Paul