Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

All Star Week Food

Started by Dan, September 24, 2013, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Okay Muskegonites. Where is the "must place" or places for one to hit up for grub in Muskegon??
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

PineLk 49

The Bear Lake Inn in the channel to Bear. I think that is the name. Black n Blue Burger with Blue Cheese and a Miller Lite draft of course. Great burger and you can just pull your boat up to the dock

Dave

Waterfoul

Fricanos!!!!!!  It's just down the road from the Expo site.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

fishstick

Pints and Quarts is my favorite spot (near the Meijer off of Norton), great burgers and atmosphere. Also an awesome beer selection and 1$ PBR's in a frosted mug all day every day!

Dan

Haven't been to Fricanos in a long time. May have to try that. Haven't ever been to the other two. Thanks for the intel. What would be your pick of a nicer sit down place?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

Where's the parking for Heritage Park?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Kal-Kevin

I do not know where you are going to eat but I plan to have a camp fire Saturday night and roost hot dogs and marshmallows with any one wanting to stop over. as for the beer I got that is the cooler and can not beet the prices.

If you all want to join us just look for a bunch of fishermen setting around a fire at Fishermens Landing tell fishing stories. Oh and a word of advise never believe what you hear around a fire with a bunch of fishermen telling fishing stories!  ;D

Mike S.

Dan, last time I went to Bear Lake Tavern it was horrible. I was really upset with the food. I got really sick from the burrito. None of my kids ate. I was not happy. There is a place called Lefty and Romo's right by my house on M120. Excellent food. There will also be Mike's kitchen. I will be on my pontoon boat all weekend. There's a grill on her! I've never been to Fricano's. A bunch of people seem to like it. There is also the Lakehouse...I think. It is right by the Shoreline Inn, the big hotel on the south east side.

robhj

I like Fricanos as well. We always go there to grab a pizza & some beer when I have friends up to visit. It's also nice because it's within walking distance of the launch at Hawshorn (sp?).

rustydog

If its still there try HoBo's. Nice girls and great ribs.

djkimmel

Quote from: Kal-Kevin on September 24, 2013, 08:09:40 PM
I do not know where you are going to eat but I plan to have a camp fire Saturday night and roost hot dogs and marshmallows with any one wanting to stop over. as for the beer I got that is the cooler and can not beet the prices.

If you all want to join us just look for a bunch of fishermen setting around a fire at Fishermens Landing tell fishing stories. Oh and a word of advise never believe what you hear around a fire with a bunch of fishermen telling fishing stories!  ;D

Fishermen lie?!? :o ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Jmeis

YES Mr. Kimmel they do and Skeet admitted to it today when he said that he punched big numbers into bass trak to "stir the pot."
Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!

tim4081

I imagine BASS wasn't too happy with Skeet.

Jmeis

Mercer chuckled  and made fun of it. Trip not so much. It is what it is. As much as I like stirring the pot, guessing that may have not been the best spoon to pick....... they knew before he got on stage he didn't have anything, it will be interesting.
Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!

djkimmel

Quote from: Jmeis on September 28, 2013, 08:55:15 PM
YES Mr. Kimmel they do and Skeet admitted to it today when he said that he punched big numbers into bass trak to "stir the pot."

At least it was funny... I sometimes think Skeet is a closet nerd...?

Unless I'm out of the water looking for the anglers for pictures I rarely look at that feature. When I had to do it in the 2011 Classic I was thinking I'm not getting these weights rights just by guessing and punching them in.

Kal-Kevin

The bad thing is Skeet puts bass trak in a bad light, no one will ever trust or even believe it from now on!

djkimmel

I didn't know everyone believed and trusted it before??

I imagine he got a talkin' to. This week seemed a little less formal, but in a good way overall. Hard to explain but it felt different than the regular Elite Series event.

Dan

Went to Fricanos a couple of nights ago. Didn't make it there during the All Star event. I love thin crust pizza that is really crispy. Fricanos is not. It wasn't bad, but I like a better variety of toppings, they offer just a few and the pizza was quite soggy. The best thin crust that I have had in a while has been downtown GR at Z's. Just sayin'