Two Species of Asian Carp --- 50 miles from Lake Michigan

Started by h2o, March 02, 2007, 06:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2o

BE HAPPY TO BE PART OF ALL YOU SEE

djkimmel

Thanks h2o. We need to keep up on the latest and see if there is anything we can do - like pressure Congress into finalizing the bill to build a better barrier. Maybe it won't stop them, but slowing them way down might make other management methods feasible.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

h2o

Right Dan. Doing something sure beats doing nothing.  I've heard there in erie now. Lets just hope they don't do to much damage.

h2o

djkimmel

I've heard some have been found in Erie in very low numbers, but not a lot of good information about that yet. Not sure why?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

h2o

I would think they don't want to talk about it. I heard some resturants in Canada release them as they cook one and release one. But this is just rumors. Also heard a few were netted. It's just a matter of time for this nusiance species makes it here in numbers. We have many invasion species now and there will be others. I wonder what species we spread in other parts of the world.

h2o