7-9 Chippewa River

Started by gmetime24, July 09, 2013, 10:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmetime24

Been tied up doing alot of family stuff recently and haven't been able to hit the lakes, so off to the river for some kayaking with a couple buddies I went. Great morning fishing, landed about 15 smallies, handful of rock bass and a couple big northerns. 5 best smallies all ran between 2.5 to 3lbs. River level was down a little bit and water clarity was still pretty stained but it's improving. Most fish caught on t-rigged creature baits but I'm sure power worms or tubes would work great too

djkimmel

That sounds like a real fun fishing trip! I used to just enjoy wading rivers for smallies. Kayaking is on my todo list. I wonder if they have outriggers for kayaks? (For balance-challenged anglers... who don't want to get their cameras wet... ;D)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

gmetime24

Thanks Dan! Look into the GoPro series of cameras then you don't have to worry about getting your cameras getting wet  ;D. Also if you fall in the water with this weather we are having it would feel great!

djkimmel

I'm not minding myself getting wet though I probably shouldn't soak my wallet.  But not my cameras. I will break down and get something like the GoPro one of these days. Not in the budget at the moment. I have cameras that work.

I thought about soaking my head in Lake St. Clair Saturday I was so hot. I didn't even mind as much as usual when the tuna boat parade ran by causing my feet to get soaked. Felt good actually. And they dried out pretty fast...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

jjjmpv22

I made a video of our day out there check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crumvZyfAHI

djkimmel

Fixed that link for you so it will display automatically on here.

I learned a few things from this.

-You guys are doing a nice job with the video and editing.

-I can do the first part where you stand up on both feet in the water and fish :)

-When I want to finally try this (the trickier part in the actual kayak) I know who I can contact to ask my questions.

-I probably don't have to buy any American Opera CDs... ;D

Nice job though! Keep it up!

djkimmel