Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Wed. Night Division 12 is no longer NBAA

Started by customfishn, June 06, 2013, 06:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customfishn

Starting last night Division 12 is also an Open tournament.  $42 entry includes Big Bass.  6 to 9:30pm  All welcome

bigjc

fishstick

Muskegon Next week?

I'll probably even have a few people to fish with this year since there is no membership fee!

customfishn

Muskegon is next week and then white the week after and so on until it gets cold or I get sick of driving 2 hours to fish.

bigjc

fuzzygrub1611

Why are al these divisions leaving NBAA?

Frank

The big reason I did fish NBAA was because I could look at all the upcoming days and find tournaments.  This isnt an option now.  You have to know the division number to get the schedule.  From others I have heard that they don't like the 65% payback, which is really really low.  I also don't know anyone that's going to go to Oklahoma for the championship.  Odds are you'd have to take at least 2nd to cover the gas bill alone.  Going from 65% to 95% really makes a big difference though.   I alway go to the better payback tournament when at all possible.

Frank

bigjc

Does this have to do with the new ownership of NBAA?

Manxfishing

It's a yes and a no

I'm told it's the same guy doing the website
But it's jacked up this year, more then in the past

The Oklahoma championship for the NBAA
I do think that's all the new owners (TBF)

wiggleworm

It's sad that so many are leaving, must have slipped their minds that the fall championship is in upper Michigan at Burt and Mullet Lake. I don't know of many trails that offer a chance to win a boat. Does any of these (NEW) open tournaments offer a boat, or a chance to win a power pole? Who keeps track of points? Any sponsor prizes?

dartag

Not sure how the others are coming to the conclusion.  We voted at the Div 40 first tourny.  There were no bad words about NBAA.  Just a unanimous decision to go private.  There will be a year end championship if you fish 8 events.  No boats or powerpoles.  Just a lot of fun with a better payback each week.   I had already paid my 80.00 membership for me and my son.  I knew going in I had no desire to drive to Oaklahoma or even Burt lake in the fall.  If you look a the payouts from Kentucky only the top few broke even with what it costs to go.   Wishing NBAA well.  It was nice while it lasted.

Manxfishing

wiggleworm

Like Dartag posted
When div. 43 took a vote
There were no bad words about the NBAA

But i'll say this
the info coming out of the NBAA has been slow or there's nothing
How would anyone know about the Fall Classic? The website has more details to follow
The schedules didn't show up till May
If you haven't fished the NBAA in the past and know the div's, there's no way to find a div. near you
And as far as points, I've yeat to see ONE tournament with results on the NBAA website
It's gone down hill on there part this year. I do hope they get there act together agian it was fun

djkimmel

FYI: New person(s) doing the main nbaa-bass.com website.

Same person doing the schedule/results website but I don't everything (change/not change) has been worked out there yet.

Change is always hard for some people. It does appear TBF has taken on quite a bit of new activities this year. I hope in the long run that is good for the members and good for tournament fishing since TBF Inc is member-owned.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rudycard72

I don't like the fact the the results aren't on the website anymore, was alot of good info on there. I hope the nbaa ties up there loose ends and make it work, if not I see the door opening for a new organization to come in and take out the local nbaa.