Had the fever to fish today

Started by DOWD, January 15, 2006, 08:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOWD

Had to get on the water, Erie still open and most ramps free of ice. Tried our luck with crappies, but caught dog fish and 20 plus bass.
Ken Carlman

djkimmel

That bass hasn't missed many meals - no white bass in there?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Man, is it good to see a bass.  I'm really getting cabin fever bigtime!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Revtro

Was there much floating ice out there?  I gotta hand it to ya.  You must have been freezing.  I can't imagine lipping 20+ bass in this cold weather.  Your fingers must have been icicles. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Savage

I wouldn't have thought they would hit cranks this late in the year!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

In the past, I've done a bunch of December fishing on the Grand River here in Lansing. Caught more bass (and walleye) on Bomber 6 and 7A crankbaits than everything else put together.

I've caught some smallies on cranks in February too in the past during my short steelhead fishing stage... did really good one day with solid smallies that were just creaming the lure - following it right to shore sometimes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Well, it looks as though the Monroe Hot Pond is heating up.? Where did you go in at DOWD, Raisin River or Bolles????? Even the little ones are fat.? ?Catch any big Smallies in there???? ?Can't wait to get the boat out.? Nice to see a bass......even a fat little dink.  Crankbaits are always good there.? ? ?;D

BD
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

DOWD

Bolles,
and this has been the worst year as far as size. Lots of small bass. We only caught 2 maybe 3 keepers yesterday. Lots of dead fish on shore, carp, catfish, shad and some bass. I wonder if something got into the water. We fished there 12/31/05 and caught nothing but carp. That time we launched at Lake Erie metro and ran down there.
I will be on Belleville this week trying for some walleyes.