Trophy Prop

Started by Andy, January 10, 2006, 01:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Any one out there with a 23 trophy in like new shape up for sale

smbassman

I have a 23 trophy (not plus).  It is not in "like new" condition as the blades are dinged on the leading edges.  I have had props in this condition re-finished by DAH in wisconsin for around $150 and they come out better than new(added about 3mph and tons of grip on my old Ranger).

I have considered having it redone myself for a spare even though it's too small for my current boat.

Let me know if it is something you may be interested in.

Revtro

I could use a spare 25p 4 blade prop if anyone has one cheap to sell.  Or I'd take a 3 blade if the $$ are right.  I'm a real cheapskate, but I do need a backup prop.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Andy

smbassman on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it dinged and has it been worked before. Is this prop hubed or is it for the flowtork hubs. how much???? I run a merc 200

Andy

smbassman

Quote from: Andy on January 10, 2006, 03:51:02 PM
smbassman on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it dinged and has it been worked before. Is this prop hubed or is it for the flowtork hubs. how much???? I run a merc 200

Never worked before, it is hubed(not flo-torq).  It also is a large hub(200hp L/U and up), so it has a larger blade surface.  Good for grip and carryig a load, but a small hub would give you more speed if that's what you want.

I am not sure what kind of rating system to use, so I will describe it better.  The blades and tube are still nicely polished with no wear.  The leading edges are dented, but no chips or cracks.  Balance should not be effected, but the slip effeciency would not be very good due to the dented leading edges.  So, you could run the prop as-is for a spare or at low speeds, but I would not suggest running 5000+ rpms very much until it was re-finished.

The damage occured at Lake Wawasee in Indiana.  The launch is shallow and has a lot of pea gravel, so I had two props damaged that week just loading the boat.  I had the one repaired with no issues, and it ran better than new.  But I do recommend sending the prop to an experianced repair shop familiar with bass boats - DAH has a very good reputation and D&R sends there props to them(or at least they did).

$75