Bass Fishing > Bass Fishing Great Lakes

Lake St Clair 9 Mile Road boat ramp now open to anyone

(1/10) > >>

djkimmel:
var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true}; This is good news for anyone who is not a resident of the City of St. Clair Shores. The 9 Mile boat ramp has now been made public for 2012. The ramp was previously limited to residents only though some people did launch there.

Now everyone, even I, should be safe to launch there. It is $10 per day to launch but if you're fishing that area, you can probably justify the savings in boat gas and avoid some rough water. The 9 Mile Rd boat ramp is now open to the public.

You can buy an annual permit for $100 for the 9 Mile boat ramp whether you are a resident of St. Clair Shores or not. If you fish St. Clair a lot and find that ramp convenient, you may want to buy this permit rather than pay $10 per day at the 9 Mile boat ramp.

You have to go to the City of St. Clair Shores Parks and Recreation office at the ice arena (map) to buy the annual permit.

20000 Stephens St
Saint Clair Shores MI 48080-3109
586-445-5350

View Larger Map

With the Clinton River Cut Off Boater Access Site so busy and often full early, this additional boat ramp allows closer access to the Mile Roads and the south flats for more boaters.

I apologize about the earlier confusion that other boat ramps were also made public. The 10 Mile Road (Blossom Heath) and 11 Mile Road are still limited to City of St. Clair Shores residents only though others do launch there. I can only recommend the 9 Mile Road boat ramp now that I have the City's information.

bigjc:
That is awsome!  I have talked them into letting me launch @ 9mile a couple of times before.  For those of us downriver anglers, Its either been St. Jeans or Harley Ensign.  Thanks for sharing the good news.

djkimmel:
You're welcome. I know some people launch there anyway but I don't usually get away with that kind of thing. Now it doesn't matter. They will even let me in there! :D

SethV:
Can you post the exact locations of these ramps?  9 mile sounds like a good deal.  I often launch at St Jeans to fish the S shore, this is another nice option.

DDBethke:
They have always let me launch there no questions asked, this is good to know however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version