12 volt motorguide

Started by MBell, January 04, 2006, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBell

Hey,
I have a 12 volt motor guide 36lb foot control bow mount trolling motor and mount #7.  $70 if anyone wants it, if not I'll throw it on ebay.  It was my back-up, I bought it new and only used it for about 5 days on the water.  Also have a gator mount with bounce buster that came with my new back-up $50, it's the old gator mount and I have the new one. 
-Matt   

blakstr1

i might be interested in the gm with bounce buster...will it fit my 2003 36V 109lb thrust??  i'm not sure when they changed the mounts?  the motorguide website won't come up either...

Blake
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

MBell

It came off of a 36volt motorguide somewhere between 01' and 03'  so it will fit.  I'll send or post a pic tonight.  They changed the mounts shortly after mercury bought them, the new mounts are called gator mount II.  With the new ones you really don't need the bounce buster but I still use one. 
-Matt

blakstr1

Mine is called the "BigWater Gator Mount" so I think it'll work...send the pics when you can. 
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

Sorry to butt in, but you may need to compare the shaft sizes between the TM's to confirm the mount is the correct one.  The Big Water mount is used on long shaft motorguides and may/may not work well with a standard 45" shaft.  Just a thought!

MBell

Blake, how long is your motor? If you have the 60" the regular gator mount won't work too well, a 50" motor will be ok I use a regular gator mount on my 50".  I also have a big water gator mount with bouce buster, but the rear pins are gone, I have them on the camera and will post later.  Too bad you didn't see my post a month or two ago I had a big water gator sping xl which would have been an upgrade for you.  I only ended up getting $100 for it on ebay.
-Matt

MBell