Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:16:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass club for SE Michigan

Started by Jefferson, March 15, 2014, 11:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefferson

Is anyone familiar with the Sterling Heights Bass Anglers Club? Ive gotten into bass fishing in the last year or so and these clubs sound really interesting if I could pull the time(family, kids, work). I live in Chesterfield and could throw a rock and almost hit LSC, but no boat(go figure). Not looking to get swamped with pressure or fees, just get out to different places and learn instead of being stuck to the same couple ponds or areas that I know of. Any info would be appreciated.

Kal-Kevin

My one piece of advice is to contact them and ask them if they have a meetings or group events. It is the best way to meet them and get a feel of how things are done with in the club. Starting with a club is a great way to get in to fishing tournament trails and just getting out on different waters. Also while at the meeting you can ask what is your end of the cost and what you are required to do. I do not know anything about that club but most likely once you get to the meeting or what ever you will get a feeling on them.

Good Luck and enjoy it

djkimmel

I believe he found out they are only looking for boaters right now but I pointed him towards a few other possibilities by looking at the club list on www.michiganbass.net

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

The Downriver Bass club meets at Gander Mountain in Taylor the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30.  Guests are welcome to attend.  This club has been in existence since the 1970's.

Our yearly dues are $24.  We have a limited membership of 40 and attempt to keep it at half boaters and half non-boaters.  We currently are at the 40 member limit but do keep a waiting list of interested anglers. 

Our club is non competitive and is more concerned with sharing of and enjoying the sport for what it is.  There are no trophies or tournaments.  Only events.  Non boaters share in expenses with the boaters.

We typically fish 12 events a year.  About half are on bigger waters like St. Clair and the Detroit River.  That other half will be on inland lakes in SE Mich.  There is a weekend outing in the fall up north somewhere and sometimes one in the Spring.

For more info you can check out our website at:

www.downriverbassassociation.com

Several of our club members are also GLB members. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390