Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Free coffee and last minute lures at Sportsmens Direct

Started by djkimmel, May 06, 2012, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

GreatLakesBass.com sponsor advertiser Sportsmen's Direct will be open at 6am with free coffee and plenty of parking if you remember a hot lure or something else you need, or just want to hang out, on your way to the May 12 MadWags Memorial Members' Tournament. Sportsmen's Direct also has some very unique lures you might just want to give to those big Lake St. Clair bass like The Goby Replica and Tune-able Ti Spinnerbaits from Red Dirt!

Boaters can park your rigs on the concrete pad right to the south of the store front. See the map below.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Met Justin the owner when I was up there last week.  He's very enthusiastic and has a good start on a nice tackle shop.  Make sure to stop in.  Justin, you should consider T-shirts.  Me and my buddy would have bought a couple.  :)   Jeff

Mike S.

How far is it from the Harley ramp?  Or, could you post an address for us west siders to put in the gps?  I'm interested in dropping by and checking it out.

YpsiBass

Quote from: Mike S. on May 07, 2012, 04:37:34 AM
How far is it from the Harley ramp?  Or, could you post an address for us west siders to put in the gps?  I'm interested in dropping by and checking it out.

This.  Also might pick up a goby replica or two...

djkimmel

Sportsmen's Direct Inc.
36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, MI 48045

Email: store@sportsmensdirect.com
Phone: 586-741-6052
Hours: 6am - 6pm Monday - Saturday, 6am - 4pm Sunday

Next door to the Clinton River Cutoff MDNR ramp maybe 3, 4 miles from Harley Ensign. If you get off I-94 on the Metropolitan Parkway/16 Mile Rd, take a right on to Crocker Blvd and turn right on Jefferson Ave. Only 2 1/2 blocks down Jefferson.

Then, it's a straight shot back Jefferson Ave to South River Rd.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

raisinrat

Quote from: djkimmel on May 06, 2012, 07:55:27 PM
GreatLakesBass.com sponsor advertiser Sportsmen's Direct will be open at 6am with free coffee and plenty of parking if you remember a hot lure or something else you need, or just want to hang out, on your way to the May 12 MadWags Memorial Members' Tournament. Sportsmen's Direct also has some very unique lures you might just want to give to those big Lake St. Clair bass like The Goby Replica and Tune-able Ti Spinnerbaits from Red Dirt!

Boaters can park your rigs on the concrete pad right to the south of the store front. See the map below.

Dan we also got our DNR license Terminal Finally.  :o

Better late then never right?

Also did you tell the guys what we are putting in the pot for the top three boats? ;D
Justin Clark

raisinrat

Guys we also have a very large selection of tubes in the store. I can't say official yet but I am pretty sure we have more colors then any shop on the lake with over 100 colors with many being available in 3 sizes, 2.75, 3.5, and 4 inch. We are working on some more colors also as I type with our tube guy Grant Quinn from Cruncher baits. He is maybe the nicest guy I have ever met in the fishing industry yet. He is young and severed our country as a Marine, he was wounded over there and is determined to have a positive impact with his second chance at life. Also he as this very cool Goby Tube, its a tube shaped like a Goby.I guess it has been on the market for sometime and as a cult like following with many fisherman.
Justin Clark

djkimmel

I'm adding that today. Still working on the boater situation and talking to people who are generously donating giveaway prizes. You beat me to the punch about the fishing license machine being in.

djkimmel

Anyone fishing Saturday who still does not have the correct Golden Rule Largemouth Weighmaster board, Sportsmens Direct has 2 Gator Drip Golden Rule measuring boards for sale. They do not have the catch and release length to weight markings as the Weighmaster but you can choose the next lower measurement marking on another board and then use the conversion chart on the back of your official weigh in sheet I will be providing to get a close weight conversion.

Also from Sportsmens Direct everyone that is going to be in the MadWags Memorial Members Tournament will get a 10% discount card that they can use on there next trip into the shop.

The 1st place Boat will get the Goby Replica's (one to each person on board - I think the limit is 2 though not 3).

2nd and 3rd place will get a few packs of their Exclusives Candy Plastics.

Thanks to Sportsmen's Direct for their generous support!

raisinrat

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on May 06, 2012, 09:56:35 PM
  Met Justin the owner when I was up there last week.  He's very enthusiastic and has a good start on a nice tackle shop.  Make sure to stop in.  Justin, you should consider T-shirts.  Me and my buddy would have bought a couple.  :)   Jeff

We are working on a few ideas for t-shirts. Our Girls that work on the weekends have one they want.

It says "Our Girls bait their own hooks". They got a kick out of the shirt idea. We haven't pulled the tigger on any of them yet. But we have been working on a few.
Justin Clark

raisinrat

Just a heads up the largemouth where on fire today by the shop.
Justin Clark

djkimmel