Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Different kind of prayer request

Started by Genie, April 15, 2011, 01:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

Please allow me to ramble and explore some of what is going on in the world of genie.

We have all had to cope with some losses these last couple of months. Whether it be family, friend, partner, father, husband, etc., we've lost some good people here at glb and in our personal lives.

Well I'm here to ask for a different prayer - prayer for life and health.  A few of you know that mrs. Genie and myself are expecting a big additon to the genie house.  My beautiful bride is pregnant with twin boys ... little genies 1 and 2.  They are scheduled for arrival monday morning.

As I lay here watching her sleep, I find myself in unfamiliar territory.  I will be new to fatherhood.  I havent talked with god in a little while.  And i usually dont ask for things.

So , I watch her belly move as she sleeps and I ask god to help her through this moment.  For those that have seen me, just knowing she is carrying 2 of my children is enough for concern for her.  So, the magic carpet is scheduled to drop her off at the hospital monday morning so we can meet the little buggers once and for all.

I can't wait to see what has changed us now and will change our lives forever.  I want to see what is making the remote bounce on her belly, what is making her waddle like a duck, what is making her look even more beautiful than the day I married her.

Ok, enough rambling ... I know the prayer chain is pretty full right now with losses,  jobs, health, wars ....... if any of you have anything left, i'd like to ask for some positive thoughts and wishes that my 2 little genie juniors arrive healthy and mrs. Genie makes it through these last couple of days.

Lord, it's me genie.  Please grant me the strength and guidance to bring 2 little ones into this world.  Give me the wisdom to raise them and teach them what is true.  Let my beautiful bride deliver with god speed and peace.  Lord, let all of us here have reason to be happy and rejoice new life and not that of loss.

Thank you.

Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

You know you have mine for Genie 1 and Genie 2, or whatever you name the big fellas! (I expect them both to come out about the size of LGMOUTH right off the bat!! You need to keep being real nice to Mrs. Genie!!)

I have a really good feeling that everything will go great and you'll be having fun with them before you know it!! Just don't buy them those little snoopy rods. Get them something they can really use...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

That's wonderful news!  It's good to pray for something so positive.  You are a blessed man.  Monday is gonna be an awesome day.  I can't wait to hear the great news of God's blessing in your lives.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fiker

No words can possibly describe what it is you will experience on Monday.  The first time you look your own child in the eyes. 

I don't know if this is your first time or not, but let me tell you this. With multiples, ( I have triplets) it's going to be really hectic even when it's all going according to plan.  I found my self trying to do Lamaze for the third one, and 1 &2 were each in different corners of the delivery room.  I was so torn I didn't know where to direct my attention.  They each had their own nurse, resident, & pediatrician.  It was crazy.  It was wonderful.  It changes everything about your life in a few moments.  Everything.  You'll be a Dad now for the rest of your life.  Good for you. It's not easy sometimes, but it pays great dividends.
I pray for the delivery to go well.  For each of your twins to be born healthy, and strong.  For you to have the strength you will need.  And for your instant family to love and grow with each other under God's watchful eye. 
Congratulations. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Cheetam

You are about to experience one of, if not the, most joyous occasions of your life!  Congratulations!  Positive prayers are going out to you and your wife on the arrival of Genie1 and Genie2!
Jeff

EKennedy

Becoming a father...Best.  Thing.  Ever!  Prayers sent!

Firefighter Jeff

Congrats Genie. Very heart-felt post. You're gonna be a great Dad to those twins!!  Monday will be one of the best days of hour life. Best wishes from Indiana sent your way. Ummmm instead of not getting them Snoopy rods. What about Aladdin Rods ???  ;D.  :-\'

djkimmel

As far as I'm aware, these will the first new little Genies that enter into the world. But I'm sure big Genie will do just fine.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Thank you everyone!  I'm sure everything will go just fine monday and for the next 18 or so years.
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

FOB

Genie,

Prayers sent for a safe delivery.  And for the record, all three of my children had " Fishing Rods " on the wall over their cribs when they came home from the hospital.  ( 2 Barbie and one Snoopy to be exact. )  And all three were taken down when they reached the age of 3 to fish with!!! 

Please keep us posted on how things go Monday.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

Genie

12 hours ... going to be a long night without probably no sleep ...
Grand Rapids, MI

djkimmel

Looks like there are 2 new little Genies in the world. No news yet as to names but everyone appeared to be fine.

Genie

Well we did it.  Adam lewis genie came in at 9:57 am weighing 6 13 and 19 inches.  Benjamin douglas genie arrived at 9:58 am weighing 5 9 and 19 inches.  Mom is doing we'll and finally sleeping.  I will try to fire up the laptop tomorrow and get some pics up.

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts!

Genie
Grand Rapids, MI

djkimmel

Adam must be your boy. Do we call you Daddy Genie now? ;D

McCarter

congratulations Genie.  Dont worry too much.  being a dad is pretty easy ( so far anyway ).  You can expect to not sleep so much for the next year.  and its hard to find any time to do what you usually do, but the sacrifice is well worth the reward.  ive been doing it for just about 4 years now and i learn something new everyday from it, but if i can do it, anyone can.  Enjoy the time you have with them.  like everyone says, they grow up fast.  i cant believe mine is gonna be 4 in a month.  i miss the baby years but really like how funny she is right now.  oh, and take lots of pictures and video.  nothing better than watching the baby vids once they are a little older.

McCarter himself :-\'

VinceR

Let's see, 6-13, 19", and 5-9, 19". ;)

Sounds like "Keepers" to me. Congratulations to you, and Mrs. Genie!!!

Skulley

Belated congratulations Genie.  I was blessed with two (2) wonderful children.  Olivia is now 17 years old and an honor roll student and the Lord blessed her with artistic talent.  Alec is 10 years old now and the Lord blessed him with athletic abilities that are far above other children in his age group.  Most of all, they are both healthy.  May God Bless your children as he has blessed mine.

BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

motocross269

Congrats on the new additions...My Oldest just graduated HS this year..Seems like just yesterday she was born...

djkimmel

Genie is finding out that twins can keep you busy ;D

Skulley

Just one can keep you busy.  Two will keep you busier.  It gets a little easier as they get older.

BD                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com