Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

For 2006 TBF of MI state championship eligibility

Started by djkimmel, June 13, 2006, 12:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

For 2006 any member in good standing in the new TBF of Michigan is eligible to fish our July 30 State Championship on the Grand River.

If you want to join a club to be eligible, you can join my TBF club - The Bass Boys. Membership if $30, plus you need to be an FLW Outdoors member too.

All I need is your FLW Outdoors membership number;
Your name;
mailing address;
email address would be nice;
phone number
and $30 check or money order payable to Dan Kimmel (we don't have a separate club account - sorry).

I will send you in to the TBF for state and national dues (no separate club dues).

Contact me here or at 517-882-8902.

Get your membership in ASAP to be guaranteed into the event and a shot to qualify for the State Team going to Wisconsin THIS year in September. See the TBF of MI web page for more details.

If you decide to fish this event, why not fish the BFL on the Grand the day before our state championship... or vice versa. You'll be there anyway.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

djkimmel

For what? FLW Outdoors? TBF (national)? Or TBF of MI? I don't think the latter two have that option (although I guess we could discuss it at the state level).

I've been a life member of Operation Bass (FLW) for so long I haven't paid attention if they offer that anymore and how much.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I added more information on joining my club - The Bass Boys - for people who want to join TBF, but don't have a club. I included a method to join online for your convenience. Check out the TBF of Michigan page: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/michigantbf

djkimmel

For the 2006 TBF of MI state championship July 30 (Sunday) at Riverside Park on the Grand River, if you join my club, The Bass Boys together with another new member and one of you wants to be a boater and the other a nonboater, that will guarantee that status for you at the state championship. As long as both of you enter the event and fish it.

So boaters, find a nonboater and vice versa. Join my club and be eligible and have a guaranteed status in the state championship.

blakstr1

Will check-in be required a day early or as long as your at the ramp by xx:xx o'clock you're good?  If I can show up Sunday and fish, I'm in..but I need to find a boater to sign up with...anybody interested...I know, I know, here I am waiting until the last minute but better later than never??.... :D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

If you pay the entry before the deadline, we are planning to have check-in (in person) the morning of the event. We will probably have some kind of confirmation and/or a deadline to cancel before that.

If you're planning to sign up with my club, I have several boaters who have joined who have not signed up with a nonboater already. If you join, I'll just pair you with the one who already joined earliest. I'm boater heavy right now.

11 members so far in my club. We have 3 clubs already in the new TBF of MI.

djmaclf

How close are the numbers for reaching the 50 that are required at the state level?

djkimmel

We'd be over easy if all the guys who've called, emailed and talked to me followed up as they've said. I know for sure that we have 3 clubs in to the state (I believe the 3rd should have been received today) with 24 guys signed up and I have 4 more to send in from my club from the last 3 days - so 28.

The Wonderland club has some more guys coming in, but I don't know how many.

I think we will get that resolved within a week. We will get our charter if that is what you are wondering. Not to worry about that. We will have the state championship whether there is 15 boats or 40 boats. Everything is just about set for that.

We got our incorporation papers from the State of Michigan on Monday. I believe we have a bank account today (or tomorrow at the latest). We have most of our help for the State Championship lined up already. We will probably still look for a few volunteers for the weighin, but that will be resolved by that weekend.

I hope no one is holding back because they think it won't happen. It will happen. We are getting great support from various sponsors, the TBF and FLW Outdoors. I'm not saying you are djmaclf - just seems that I'm getting that from some of the clubs and individuals who have contacted us and/or showed up at meetings.

Hooksetter

Dan,

I signed up with The Bass Boys through your link at the TBF website. I would be fishing as a non-boater, could you set me up with an existing boater? Unfortunately, I will be unable to fish the BFL event the day before.

Thanks Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

Guess I should have read this first Willie. Forget the email. I got your membership and will put you down as a nonboater. I will match you up with Eric Smith. If he doesn't fish, I'll match you up with someone else. He was next in line and I believe he told me he would fish as a boater, but I will confirm.

RB

Was wondering if it was to late to join your club to be able to fish the state fish off?Am already FLW member.                                                                                                              RB

djkimmel

Not too late. I need more nonboaters right now, but I'll take any members and keep doing my best to match them up.

djkimmel

We are extending all the deadlines now - I'll have updated pages up later tonight - for the 2006 State Championship. We are working with BFL - FLW Outdoors in some cross-promotion. I will confirm, but Anthony Wright and David Simmons said they will wave late signup fees for the BFL event on the Grand for our state championship guys who want to fish both.

We are still taking members and entries. We will have a cutoff date for guaranteed entries to fish verses not guaranteed. I will be adding other clubs to join too. Each club decides how they designate boaters and nonboaters. As previously posted for my club - The Bass Boys - if a boater and nonboater join and sign up to fish the state championship together - they will both get to fish in their respective status.

I'll have an online tournament entry button too for my club only. The other clubs have their own rules for entry payment.

cameraguy

Waive the late fees, hmmm.  I'll have to think about that. 

Just to stress...Dan, you especially need non-boaters in Bass Boys, right?  You have more boaters signed up than non-boaters.  So this is a great chance for someone without a boat to snag a spot on the state team and fish the Divisional in Wisconsin. 

djkimmel

Yes - I need nonboaters - at least 4 right now - for The Bass Boys club.

KW012768

Dan,

Thanks for you and your help with the Tawas area. I will check it out. The TBF sounds great and I would be willing to help in any way possible from the BC / Kzoo area for 2007. I wish I would of gotten on board earlier. As usual a day late and a dollar lost....

Keep me in mind for nest season. I will make it a priority to be on board next year.