Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

There's this one...

I still like the 14th so far.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on April 10, 2011, 09:46:32 PM
There's this one...

I still like the 14th so far.

hey Dan, how can we invite captn. ken daubert to our frogs only day? that would be awsome if he really showed up

stackenem

OK give us a date MOJO and I are ready. This is a team event right.

Stack
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

I could ask my contact about Capt Ken. You never know about these things - he might show up and bring some of his top of the line topwater frogs.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fowlmouth

I'd prefer flying solo, I have a bad habit of hitting people in the back of the boat with small fish while froggin'.

karol

can hoosiers and yoopers fish this too?
would a flippin stick and 65 lb power pro be a good combo for froggin?. by the way i'm a hoosier

bob o

Quote from: karol on April 11, 2011, 09:37:13 PM
can hoosiers and yoopers fish this too?
would a flippin stick and 65 lb power pro be a good combo for froggin?. by the way i'm a hoosier

yea you can join in on the frog fun. i don't know how far you will able to cast a frog with a flipping stick, but the more things we try the more we learn.

bob o

so lets set this up for August 13th-14th on Ovid lake. sleepy hollow has plenty of campsites as of right now (april 12)

bob o

Quote from: Mojo on April 10, 2011, 03:01:54 AM
Holy guacamolie !! Froggin !!! Can I get on someones back deck for this event ??? !!!  ;D  ;D  ;D   plweeaaase !!!?? Who needs a budrow ?

i got an open seat, but only if you talk right  ;D

Hooksetter

Quote from: bob o on April 12, 2011, 07:32:53 AM
so lets set this up for August 13th-14th on Ovid lake. sleepy hollow has plenty of campsites as of right now (april 12)
I could probably make it either day for an event like this.

2011 Lake Ovid Frogapalooza Invitational.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

bob o

Quote from: Hooksetter on April 12, 2011, 08:59:08 AM
Quote from: bob o on April 12, 2011, 07:32:53 AM
I could probably make it either day for an event like this.

2011 Lake Ovid Frogapalooza Invitational.

Willie

frogapalooza, i love it

Cy

So is it going to be the 13th and 14th or just one or the other.

I think it should be a team event but you can fish alone too.  I think there should be a money pot for big bass.  Maybe $20 per boat for the 1st and 2nd biggest bass and a 60-40 split respectively.

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

bob o

Quote from: Cy on April 12, 2011, 10:19:59 AM
So is it going to be the 13th and 14th or just one or the other.

I think it should be a team event but you can fish alone too.  I think there should be a money pot for big bass.  Maybe $20 per boat for the 1st and 2nd biggest bass and a 60-40 split respectively.

i'm thinking saturday for the frog thing, as far as any money or bragging rights, so far it's one vote for each. we have plenty of time to figure that part out.

Durand Dan

I'm in if I'm invited!! (Invitational?) I have an extra seat too! Can I use a Rat?

bob o

Quote from: Durand Dan on April 12, 2011, 11:06:10 AM
I'm in if I'm invited!! (Invitational?) I have an extra seat too! Can I use a Rat?

your in, but please leave your rat in the tackle box. i know they are very similar, but it's just not a frog.

Mojo

Sunday is open for me .... Im requesting we box the rules such that we are clearly a slop fishing event (Rats should be included ... ?) Maybe say it must be a 4/0 hook (that'll exclude crankbaits) or bigger and bait cannot sink (that'll exclude swim baits??) No sub surface caught fish allowed etc ? Those types of examples  ???

Your thoughts folks ?

Quote from: bob o on April 12, 2011, 11:29:11 AM
Quote from: Durand Dan on April 12, 2011, 11:06:10 AM

your in, but please leave your rat in the tackle box. i know they are very similar, but it's just not a frog.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

thedude

i think it should be whatever kind of frog you want.... soft-body, hard-body, soft plastic and fished wherever or however you want. Lets not make it too complicated. Just throw a frog.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

bob o

Quote from: thedude on April 12, 2011, 01:14:40 PM
i think it should be whatever kind of frog you want.... soft-body, hard-body, soft plastic and fished wherever or however you want. Lets not make it too complicated. Just throw a frog.

+1

frog = rubber/skirt type legs and look like a frog. sorry no frog patterned buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, spooks, popper type baits (unless they got frog type legs)  or crankbaits no matter how shallow they dive.

bob o

this is a frog

and this is a frog

this is a frog having a good time
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/fishing-soft-baits-frog-baits/_/N-1100336/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104347080?WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104772780
this is a link to what cabelas sees as a frog bait
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/fishing-soft-baits-frog-baits/_/N-1100336/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104347080?WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104772780
this is a link to what bass pro shops seea as frog baits. (except the tail rage real frogs have two legs)

i hope this makes it a little more clear, and yes there frog baits not sold at either retailer shown but i hope you get the pitcher. i hope i never come up with a jig only fishing day

djkimmel

It's bob o's call. He's the 'tournament director.' I'm marking down August 13.

I hope Horny Toads count too!