Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bob o

Ovid, might have to do. i've never been there b/c "no wake" but from the looks of it it might be a good location. is the campground on the east side of the lake a state campground or is it a private?

Revtro

Sleepy Hollow State Park.  The no wake thing on that lake isn't too bad because it's not that huge of a body of water. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Only 400 acres but a large percentage of the lake is fishable - lowland reservoir only about 30 years old. Several island and small bays. Nice little state park campground. Only a few yahoos running on plane each year so no jet skis or crazy people. Pretty much just a fishing lake. One of my favorites.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on April 05, 2011, 10:05:17 PM
Only 400 acres but a large percentage of the lake is fishable - lowland reservoir only about 30 years old. Several island and small bays. Nice little state park campground. Only a few yahoos running on plane each year so no jet skis or crazy people. Pretty much just a fishing lake. One of my favorites.

ok then, Ovin it is and i guess i'll be saving a bunch of gas money too. Now we need a date and we will also need to decide if this a tournment  or just fishing for bragging rights. if its a tourny let's keep on the cheap side like $20 a boat and $5 for big fish, sugestions welcome

djkimmel

Bragging rights are always fun...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

whats the date?

McCarter himself :-\'

bob o

Quote from: McCarter on April 09, 2011, 04:15:22 PM
whats the date?

don't know yet, whats good for you? i doubt we can please everyone that wants to fish but the first step is to start posting some dates and go from there.

McCarter

im pretty easy.  the only thing i am really concerned with this season is the Lake Drive North tournaments.  I should be able to work around anything else.

mikesmiph

I'm still trying to get my boat finished. Hard by myself. IF I ever get it done, and can fish out of it, then I'll try to fit this in. It sounds like fun.

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on April 09, 2011, 06:14:49 PM
I'm still trying to get my boat finished. Hard by myself. IF I ever get it done, and can fish out of it, then I'll try to fit this in. It sounds like fun.

If I can fish it Mike, you can fish with me.

bob o

Quote from: McCarter on April 09, 2011, 05:50:39 PM
im pretty easy.  the only thing i am really concerned with this season is the Lake Drive North tournaments.  I should be able to work around anything else.

well throw some open dates up and we will see who else can make thouse dates. i'm wide open for june but the last week in july i'm booked, i guess we could bump into Aug. if we need to

Hooksetter

It's been my experience on Ovid that the frog bite is better in July than June, and maybe even slightly better in early August. Has anybody else found this to be true? Or is it just my timing?

Although Ovid is not that big, a large percentage of it is what I call "Frog Water".

It would be fun anytime. I will absolutely try to make it.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

To hit it best for frogs over the long haul, you need the weeds to top out well meaning usually past June, but not to where they have really died off, meaning mid to late August most years lately, which probably means July into early August just as you predicted.

I've had some good quality topwater days later, but the lake can start fishing a lot smaller and less numbers for frog and topwater on many days because the cover has fallen back quite a bit.

There's actually a short window in June sometimes that can be awesome - transition of post-spawn into pre-summer - but it would be very hard to hit (and maybe not really happen) and June is a really busy month.

Mojo

Holy guacamolie !! Froggin !!! Can I get on someones back deck for this event ??? !!!  ;D  ;D  ;D   plweeaaase !!!?? Who needs a budrow ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bob o

dartag

Orion MIC is on the 13th. Thats where I will be.   Have fun froggin.   

bob o

Quote from: dartag on April 10, 2011, 09:23:56 AM
Orion MIC is on the 13th. Thats where I will be.   Have fun froggin.   

it not a set date yet

djkimmel

What about the 14th?

bob o

what about the 6-7th? come on guys look at your calander and shoot some date out here. and this will be a bragging right only get together. all side bets are up to you and your frogs.

bob o

so who can GIVE me me a big banner with a bunch of frogs on it?