Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Very brief report on BFL - Mullett Lake in Fishing Reports

Started by djkimmel, June 10, 2006, 10:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Here's a brief incomplete fishing report on the BFL Mullett Lake event PLUS a request from FLW Outdoors and Michigan division tournament director Anthony Wright for future Michigan BFL lakes:

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=987.0

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DOWD

Did  anyone see the Dodge Durago and trailer at the DNR ramp? It was parked on top of a rock and the trailer was hit in the right rear.

djkimmel

Yes DOWD - that unfortunate angler happens to be no other than our own cameraguy. He had a bad few days there. Broken trolling motor. Aerator pump blew right after he went through boat check. Then they get back in to find someone had apparently mistaken his trailer and vehicle for a mortal enemy and slammed it hard. His co-angler said the skid marks from where tires were pushed were 5 feet long.

They had to pry the fender off the tire quite roughly just to be able to get home. Almost seems like more than just an accident?

Some nice people in the world, aren't there?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DOWD

Some one hitmy trailer there and torn the brake light and bent the trailer frame, great launch.
The trailer look bad as well as the truck.

djkimmel

Someone hit your trailer too? Did they also damage your truck?

DOWD

Thank goodness, no. It looks like when someone was backing out of their spot they ran into the trailer with theirs. Nothing like that champion trailer.

cameraguy

On Friday, just as I was about to leave Burt Lake, the cable on my Motorguide motor broke.  Dan was kind enough to lend me his spare.  Thank you.  Also, as Dan said, my aerator pump stopped working as I was motoring in the river first thing in the morning.  Dan lent me his emergency bilge pump thingy.  It worked great.  Thank you again.  The fish I had located in practice abandoned the spot.  I think they left the lake entirely and walked up in someone's backyard so they could be eaten...bassakazis I guess.  Then to add insult to injury, my poor partner, a great guy, Jason Drake, has to inform me that my trailer was hit, no, make that crushed.  Again, like Dan said, there were skid marks from my tires that were five feet long.  I was too stunned to think of taking a picture of the grass, but here are a couple I took when I got home.

djkimmel

You should fish more tournaments this year. All your bad luck is already used up!!

Cheboygan crunch?!? - does Nestle make that??!?

cameraguy

No, I think Bad or Mad Driver makes that. 

BTW, does anybody have a suggestion on where I can get my trailer fixed?

cameraguy

Headed to D & R Sports to get everything fixed.  I'll find out soon how much that tournament REALLY cost me to fish.