Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

NEW team circuit division for 2006 Fishers of Men Michigan East Division

Started by bigjc, December 31, 2005, 02:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

One of the fastest growing Team circuits in the nation has come to SE MI.?

My name is John Carter, and I am the Director of the new Fishers of Men East Michigan division.? Check out the FOM website at:? http://fomntt.com

Our 2006 Schedule is :
May 27 Belleville Lk.
Jun 17 Wixom Lk.
Jul 08? Detroit River
Aug 12 Cass Lk.
Sep 2? Detroit River

You Can email me at:? bigjc77@aol.com
or call? 313-386-9469

fishon1219

I just talked to BigJC about the upcoming bellville tourny. He said he has 10 pre pays allready and 5 more commitments from people paying at the launch. He should get a good turnout. For those of you planning on fishing he wanted me to remind everyone that the lake is off limits starting the monday before the tournament and will reopen on the day before the tournament. The pre tournament meeting will be held at the masonic lodge in bellville and starts at 6:30pm. Food will be provided.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

MBell

When did practicing for a tournament become a bad thing.  Not a fan of off limits, it makes sense in the pros but not at the local level.  In my opinion practice is the biggest part of tournament fishing, the guys who put the time in are rewarded. 
-Matt

fishon1219

I just wanted to let you all know that the first ever Fishers of Men Michigan east division tournament on Bellville lake went off great. We found out at the pre-tournament meeting that there was another tourney scheduled to launch out of the same launch as ours so the director juggled our start time to accommodate and by doing so our weighin started just as the othe rwas finishing so things went real smoothly. I also need to give a big THANK YOU to the service department at Wonderland Marine. I burnt up my trolling motor last sunday and they had it fixed and back to my on Wednesday. Because of the expediency my partner and I were able to win the tournament and take big fish honors. Our total weight was 10.93 and the big fish was a 3.1lb Smallie. We had 6 bites all day, but they were all the right bites. We caught all of our fish parallel casting the 10 foot breakline's off of metal sea walls. We didn't catch a fish until 10:30 so we were a little nervous, but came through in the end. Once again if any of you are interested in fishing there events they are run great and we are looking forward to the next event at wixom lake.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Team houston

What did you catch them on?  It was a real bummer that the other tournament got to go ahead of us. We caught about 70 fish but could not get the bigger bites. Caught our fish on topwaters,cranks,senkos,sweet beavers,tubes,(pretty much anything we threw). Depended on the shoreline cover and depth.

fishon1219

I caught 3 on a bomber crankbait in pearl finish and my partner caught 2 on a pumpkin gold flake tube. I would throw directly in front of the boat and my partner work his bait from about 10 ft off shore back to the boat. It made for a real long day until we hit our first metal sea wall with the right depth and then we just started looking for the same pattern elsewere. They were all caught in about 10 ft of water in front of the metal sea walls. Our therory was that the shad were crusing the sea walls and the bass were hanging out waiting for a school to mess up and move out. Whenever I would have shad follow up the crank we would catch a bass in the general area.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

DOWD

How many teams were in the FOM? How did the off limits before the tourney effect your game plan.
Most Memorial Day events on Belliville have a better weight (13 to 15), most have been a tough bite.
Congrats on the Win.

Team houston

14 teams entered but only 13 showed up. The other tourney which was midwest bass? I think had approx 18 boats. We talked to the guys that said they won that event, they had 11lbs and change. Like I said we caught a lot of fish(15 keepers we counted) but nothing bigger than 15 inch. most 14.25inch. The off limits did not effect me at all because I can only fish on Sat and the off limits started on Sun at 5pm I believe.

fishon1219

Thanks on the congrats dowd, the off limits didnt seem to affect us either. We did practise on friday and were able to eliminate alot of water. Our original plan was to go and catch largemouth on the west end of the lake and we spent the better half of the practise day trying to find some, but it never happened. We really didnt have anything going the morning of the tournament and with the other tourny launcing before us and our boat draw of 12 most of the main lake points already had boats on them so we just went fishing and happened to luck out into a marginal pattern that was enough to win it for us.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com