Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

LSC 6-7-06

Started by McCarter, June 08, 2006, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Maize and I hit the pond yesterday from 10 am - 6 pm.

We fished several spots from 12 mile to 14 mile road.? Caught fish in 6 foot all the way to 12 foot but the best bite was 7-10 foot.? Bigger fish were coming from 8-9 foot.? Between the 2 of us we got 65 total.

I think we only had 5 fish in the 4 lb range and a ton of 3 - 3.5 lbers.
I had a 5+ come undone at the boat.? Very few small fish.? 90% were quality keepers.

All but 1 fish came on tubes.? We used a couple different variations of dark melon and green pumpkin with 1/4 oz weight.

It was awesome to say the least.? One of the best days i have ever had fishing.? I love that lake....................................when they bite!

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dartag

you forgot to post GPS coordinates...   just mail them to me and i will keep them safe...

ss

McCarter

Sorry Steve, here they are:

N four two niner whiskey alpha disco charlie one two

W 867-5309

Keep these to yourself man.  I dont want this turning into a community hole 8)

dartag

when i put those coordinates in my GPS software it showed a HOOTERS.  you sure you were fishing???     :o ::) ;)

MaizeNBlue

Don't believe PB's false modesty!!!!! He caught 41 and I got 24, and sang the onging score to me the entire time we fished, on the way home, and even this morning  >:(  Like PB said we were really on them. We started at 14 FOW and worked our way in and south. Found some on beds as well. Some really nice smallies out there, you know the fishing is good when we were throwing 3lb smallies at each other :P The 5lb that broke off was a killer, someone needs to show PB how to tie a knot, or at least remind him to make sure your knot is tied at the top of the hook eye, not at the bottom, where it could slid off the hook.

Honestly though, that was the best I have ever done on LSC. Nice to do well out there, instead of reading stories of other people killing them.  PB did help me with setting the hook better, wich suprise, led me to landing more fish, guess he got tired os seeing me miss 10 out of the first 12 times :-X

PB got 4 rock bass and 1 large mouth in his tally
I got 1 sheeps head, and 1 large mouth (in 10 FOW, what was he doing out there????) in my tally
We each caught 3 or 4, 4 pounders

Cheetam

Quote from: MaizeNBlue on June 08, 2006, 02:06:00 PM
PB did help me with setting the hook better, wich suprise, led me to landing more fish, guess he got tired os seeing me miss 10 out of the first 12 times :-X

Amazing what can happen when you put on a pair of pants in the morning instead of a skirt...
Jeff

smbassman

Quote from: jcheetam on June 08, 2006, 03:30:16 PM
Quote from: MaizeNBlue on June 08, 2006, 02:06:00 PM
PB did help me with setting the hook better, wich suprise, led me to landing more fish, guess he got tired os seeing me miss 10 out of the first 12 times :-X

Amazing what can happen when you put on a pair of pants in the morning instead of a skirt...

OMG - I just choked on my coffee.  That is funny right there!!!!

McCarter

Now now, leave his girlish hooksets alone.  he made some real progress yesterday.  he is no longer setting the hook like a 9 year old girl.  He is now swinging like a true 12 year old boy. ;D

Just kidding Maize.  You did awesome yesterday.  Practice makes perfect.  You just need to gain more confidence in your abilities.

Cheetam

Quote from: PoorBoy on June 08, 2006, 04:44:52 PM
He is now swinging like a true 12 year old boy. ;D

Dare I even comment?  :o
Jeff

Cheetam

Quote from: MaizeNBlue on June 08, 2006, 05:46:57 PM
I hate you both, sooooooooooo much :P
Come on now...if it weren't for us you wouldn't know what a keeper looked like... :D
Jeff

McCarter

:D :D :D

He has a point man!

Poorboy himself :-\'

MaizeNBlue

OMG the liesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

djkimmel

No picking on anyone with such a beautiful helmet avatar and such a GREAT screen name...!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

The man has spoken.

PB himself :-\'

djkimmel

I'm feeling very Maize and Blue today - I received a picture of my 'little' nephew standing with one of my hero's - Lloyd Carr - wearing a Meechigan shirt and holding the hallowed helmet. The high school sophomore is already a BIG boy and looks like a lineman - the position he wants to play for Lloyd and my beloved Wolverines, God bless him.

I'd post the picture, but my brother thinks it would end up being some kind of NCAA violation or at least a jinx. So the next best thing I can do is help the MaizenBlue!

Great fishing day BTW from the sounds of it. I'm going over this weekend. I hope they bite half as good for me.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.