Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

It is with heavy heart that I post this.... Rest in Peace MadWags

Started by Mini, March 08, 2011, 11:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I only had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Dave a handful of times.  But every time we talked, it was like we had known each other for years and years.  Dave had the most unique sense of humor that I had ever encountered.  He could laugh and joke about anything.  He never seemed to get upset about anything and when he was around...............you knew he was around.  That unique sense of humor, the laugh, the smile were all things that were unique to this man.  He had a passion for life like something I have never seen.  I know we on the board will all miss him.  I remember in the last few months how he took a week off from GLB for about 5 minutes.  It was one of the funniest things I had ever read and almost wet myself because I was laughing so hard.  When I think of him, I will smile and know that he loved life more than anyone I have ever known.  

One of the most unique things was how he supported my son in his soccer just by posting a "Good Luck" to Alec.  He always loved to check out my Facebook wall for the results of Alec's games.  If I didn't post anything, he would email me and ask how Alec did.  He would watch the soccer videos I would post on Facebook and would tell me that he really believed that he thought Alec would become a soccer pro somewhere in the world.  He never came to watch Alec play in person, but when I told him he would be playing out in St. Clair Shores a couple of times this coming spring, he wanted to know what day, what time, and where.  Alec is playing in the National Indoor Tournament this weekend with the Waza Boys Blue U11 Team in Canton Michigan and wants to dedicate this weekend and the next weekend in Cincinnati for a soccer tournament with his U10 team at Waza to Dave "MadWags".  Alec told me that all the goals he scores in the next two tourneys are for him.  Alec never met Wags, but would always ask if my friend Wags had contacted me about how he played.  I told Alec that Wags never missed a chance to see how he played and enjoyed the videos on my Facebook page.  Aside from me, I would say Wags was Alec's biggest fan.

I know your spirit will be watching Alec this weekend and next Wags.  Please be his guardian angel Wags and help Alec lead both his Waza teams to victory.  You weren't just a fishing brother to me and Alec Wags.  You were our friend.  R.I.P. MadWags.  Prayers sent from my family to yours.      :'(      :'(      :'(

Usually I sign my posts with "BD" and a ";D".  But today it will be..........................

BD                           :'(
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

(Copied text message sent to Dave Mar 8 2:44 pm. He was gone, but his phone still received calls)Dear Dave, We've talked on tx so much I guess its just habit to send ya one now.

Bro - you were really good to me. And I'll never forget that. Every time we met, from the first DK open together when you pulled out an orange worm and threw it in the reeds, it was like two 11 yrs olds.

( "What color is that ?" I asked. "Heck Mike - Thats Meth-I-O-lade", he says. Not just that he said it, but how he said it - dead serious - and we both just started crackin up  ;D ...)

Seems once a man accomplishes most of his dreams, they revert back to certain years in their life when they were happiest. Maybe thats why we both got accused of being big kids.

But you taught me alot. You taught me to 'respect the fish' and that 5 in the box is not a given but a blessing, and culling is when we could get giddy. ........ and we did. You showed me how to be layed back in a fairly intense sport, we laughed when we missed fish when many partners would turn on each other. We were 11 again when we'd get together, racin slot cars, hanging rattle traps in my living room to see if Sheri would notice and doin shots when we weren't supposed to. We tossed reality away on blast off and for the next 3 hours we were like two boys playing their favorite video game, hootin and hiding in the canals when we got early blast off numbers cause everyone else was going to blow by us and see where we were clowning the fish. All I know is we didnt live in reality, no, we lived the dream.

I wish you to be in a good place, and I wish the pain your family will endure be softened by these words. And sometimes I even wish I'd met you back when we were kids...

then again Wags.... maybe I did.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

squid

This is what I had posted on face book the morning Jason got a hold of me.  Wanted to print more, but would not allow me to. I just know some of you saw it there first.  He truely made your day when you talked with him.

"A good friend of mine just passed away this morning from a heart attack. He was only 48yrs old. Sometimes at the age that we are now, we truely need to sit and wonder. Did we make an impression on someone in our lives? Did we do right by others? Did we have a good life, even though it might get cut short? God Bless David Wagensomer!! He left an impression on me."

As it seems he did for all he met.

gterrien

George Terrien
NBAA Motor City Challenge - Director

RecLending.com
Highest Honor Trophies
Wacky Boy

skeeterman190

Sad to hear.had the pleasure of meeting him and hanging out up at burt mullet a few years back glad i had the oportunity.u will b missed by all
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Got Fish??

My hart go's out to Dave's family and friends. Rest-in-peace may god greet you with open arms. You will be with me. on my first day out this year. God Bless.

Skulley

Quote from: UAWBigDog on March 09, 2011, 10:56:05 PM
 Alec is playing in the National Indoor Tournament this weekend with the Waza Boys Blue U11 Team in Canton Michigan and wants to dedicate this weekend and the next weekend in Cincinnati for a soccer tournament with his U10 team at Waza to Dave "MadWags".  Alec told me that all the goals he scores in the next two tourneys are for him.  Alec never met Wags, but would always ask if my friend Wags had contacted me about how he played.  I told Alec that Wags never missed a chance to see how he played and enjoyed the videos on my Facebook page.  Aside from me, I would say Wags was Alec's biggest fan.

BD                           :'(

Well here are some results for Alec's dedication to Wags.  The Boys couldn't get it done at the National Indoor but did make a good showing.  Even though Alec didn't get any goals, he was disappointed that he couldn't get that one done for the memory of MadWags.  But last week in Cincinnati, the Waza Boys Blue 00 lead by Alec came out like gangbusters.  The boys won the tournament.  Alec for the tournament had 9 goals including a hat trick in the 2nd Round Game and at least 14 assists.  The boys brought home to Michigan the TSFA (Tri-State Futbol Alliance) United Cup U10 Gold Division Championship dedicated to David Wagonsomer by the Team Captain and my son Alec. Way to go Alec, I know Wags is smiling at you and your team mates from the heavens.

BD                                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com