Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

It is with heavy heart that I post this.... Rest in Peace MadWags

Started by Mini, March 08, 2011, 11:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on March 08, 2011, 03:05:30 PM
Quote from: Revtro on March 08, 2011, 02:37:59 PM
I can't even express how sad I was to get this news.  At first, I could not believe it.  Wags, you will be missed.  We will be praying.  Let's fish the DK in Wags' honor this year.  So sad.

Herman 1jav has suggested we rename the tournament in his honor and I think that is a great idea. I would like to make it permanent in memory of Dave MadWags Wagensomer. That's what I'm thinking right now anyway. Maybe the MadWags Open Members Tournaments?

i'll second that, i still don't want to belive it

t-bone

Wow - this is awful news. No one should leave so young. I bought a rod from Wags last year and met him in person at Mojo's house but didn't get to know him like the rest of you. Prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Cy

Quote from: djkimmel on March 08, 2011, 03:05:30 PM
Quote from: Revtro on March 08, 2011, 02:37:59 PM
I can't even express how sad I was to get this news.  At first, I could not believe it.  Wags, you will be missed.  We will be praying.  Let's fish the DK in Wags' honor this year.  So sad.

Herman 1jav has suggested we rename the tournament in his honor and I think that is a great idea. I would like to make it permanent in memory of Dave MadWags Wagensomer. That's what I'm thinking right now anyway. Maybe the MadWags Open Members Tournaments?

I think that is a great idea Dan.  The MadWags Memorial Members Tournament?
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

That's what I meant. Thinking is a little more unclear than normal on this sad day. The extra 's' was because I think it should be a permanent change for all tournaments, not just the next St. Clair event.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Unbelievable.  I was lucky enough to have met Wags 4 times or so.  I got a kick out of his humor, both in person and here on the site.  He helped me pick out my first Grandt at the Novi fishing show 2010.  He will definitely be missed.  My deepest sympathy to his family.  Terrible, terrible loss.

squid

I am so glad i got a hold of the right people.  Jason called me this morning and I was on the phone with Mini, Jim Grandt, Save Phace ppl, and others.  I posted on facebook, and just the number of support that is coming out is so awesome.  I first met Dave through Save Phace and then we caught up camping together at Muskegon.  Dave and Jason are just awesome to be around.  Will miss Dave at the classic and the St Claire Open.

Steve

djkimmel

I will keep track of these suggestions and once I get more information from the family, we can go from there.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Briboy

Hey Dan keep me posted, my number is on the 1st page of this thread. If you talk to Jay, have him call me as well. I am going to try and call Lisa later, but I can imagine things are a mess right now... Please keep me abreast to whats happening!

Great syuff with the tourney names, and donations too... Waggy would have been so very humbled by all of this....... SO VERY HUMBLED !!!!

Thanks,

Brian
All American Series - XLH70 - E Glass - Tonkin Cane - Custom Feather Weaves - Custom Wraps - 25th Anniversary Series

Durand Dan

LGMOUTH

Very sad news, my prayers and thoughts go out to his family.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

djkimmel

Quote from: Briboy on March 08, 2011, 04:53:26 PM
Hey Dan keep me posted, my number is on the 1st page of this thread. If you talk to Jay, have him call me as well. I am going to try and call Lisa later, but I can imagine things are a mess right now... Please keep me abreast to whats happening!

Great syuff with the tourney names, and donations too... Waggy would have been so very humbled by all of this....... SO VERY HUMBLED !!!!

Thanks,

Brian

I will send a note to Jason with your number. I did forward this link to him earlier but just from my brief talk with him earlier, things are very, very tough right now as the rest of us can imagine. It helps to see all the kind words and suggestions here for the rest our community.

j690

So sorry to hear , prayers to all will be missed Im still in shock over this. jay

River Rat

I'm still too shocked to really post anything... we've all lost a truly good man, friend, and comedian. If there was a man that loved his family, life, friends, and the God given outdoors, it was Wags. Can't say a day on LSC will ever go by without looking up to say "Hey" to ya Dave... RIP.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

River Walker

I'm in shock also,Mojo told me the sad news a couple of hours ago.I was just on a post the other day that he was on,and I've been on many others that we were both responding to.I met him only once personally,and you could tell that he loved LSC and it's smallies.I'm going to really miss reading his posts on here,and his funny banterings with Mojo and others.My prayers and thoughts go out to his family,he will be greatly missed.

Mini

Hey guys (Esp Kimmel) PLEASE keep me informed about any and all details so I can pass them along. Especially any tournaments or donations in his name. I don't get here that much but I do know that Dave loved this place and considered y'all brothers.

I am sorry to have broken the bad news to y'all, but I knew once I confirmed by talking to Jason that it was not my eyes fooling me on Facebook reading Steve Miller's status. It just doesn't seem real....

Opening day on St Clair will not be the same (or any other tournament) with out MadWags there.

Jason you know if you need ANYTHING just call. Please pass that along to his wife.

RIP Dave.

Victor Cerabone

RIP Dave.  This is shocking.  Prayers are on their way...

Vic

baggerslimm

04 BassCat Cougar Ftd..

champion_206

I did not know Wags but have read lots of his posts, my heart goes out to his family and members of this site, I liked his sense of humor and he will be missed, RIP  Madwags
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

tjrock

I didn't have the opportunity to personally meet Dave, but feel like I did from reading all his posts. My deepest condolences to his family and friends, you are in my prayers. RIP Dave

TedG

I did not know Wags but loved his posts, my prayers go out to his family.  He will be missed, RIP  Madwags