Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

It is with heavy heart that I post this.... Rest in Peace MadWags

Started by Mini, March 08, 2011, 11:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini

David Wagensomer (aka MadWags) passed away this morning from an apparent heart attack.

I just got off the phone with his nephew and fishing partner Jason.

He was 48 years old and one of THE nicest people I have met. An outstanding fisherman, competitor and human being.

I am certain that any details will be posted here.

RIP MadWags!

Mini

Redbone

I never had the chance to meet him in person.  And only interacted with him on this website.  My heart sunk when I read this post. He seemed like a good guy that was always positive, and would of made a great friend.  My condolences to his friends and family.

Kris Hurley

Genie

I can't believe it ... he was an awesome guy.  We fished one of the west side GLB opens together .. we had a blast.  My best wishes go out to his family.  We will miss you!
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

stackenem

Dave will be missed greatly by all. He was a great person and friend to all. My prayers go out to his family.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

1javelin

Live to fish, Fish to live.

Dan

What can you say about sad news like this. I met Wags at a DK Open and what everyone is saying about him being a super guy is certainly true. My condolences to the family, and they will be in my prayers tonight. In honor of Wags, I think I'll have carp cakes for lunch. We'll miss you Wags!
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Briboy

A truly awesome person, human being, and just all around good people!
I am going to miss you Waggy, more then I can express in these words.
All those times on the road together, sharing a room, laughing, and working shows....
Ahhhhhh those were the days... AM GOING TO MISS YOU WAGGY :(
My thoughts and prayers, go out to Lisa and the kids. If you never got a chance
to meet Waggy, you truly missed someone special. His personality, sense of humor, and
just all around persona, I can honestly say he was one of a kind, and will be missed tremendously!
When I received the call this morning, and hung up, I had tear balls wadding up in my eyes, that is
how special of a person Waggy was. We just talked last week about my annual trip up to LSC in second week of May,
to go and hammer those toads of Smallies you guys are spoiled fishing for all the time.
All I can say is God bless Waggy and his entire extended family!
Lisa if you read this, I will try and call you later tonight, if you need anything please let me know.

P.S. Jay when you read this, please call me as soon as you have a minute.

Brian from Chicago, fellow Grandt Rod Pro Staff, and Friend of Waggs...... God Bless!
All American Series - XLH70 - E Glass - Tonkin Cane - Custom Feather Weaves - Custom Wraps - 25th Anniversary Series

blakstr1

Wow, that hit like a ton of bricks.  He will always be remembered; thoughts and prayers are being sent out to his family.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

fuzzygrub1611

RIP MadWags. Saying prayer for the family.

djkimmel

This is such a shock. All happened first thing this morning.

I've asked Jason to take care of his real family first and then if and when he can to let me know details that I can share on here with everyone.

David had always asked to have his ashes spread over Lake St. Clair, but Jason said he never thought he would actually be contemplating it any time soon. They were just talking about being excited to go fish the 3 days of the NBAA championship.

Words cannot describe the shock of something like this. David was one of the nicest, most kind-hearted persons I've ever known who always let you know how he felt about you and about things. He was so very supportive of his family and friends. Someone you could count on always.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

MadWags at the 2009 spring DK Open when he made me go out fishing with him. I wasn't feeling that good that morning but he would have none of it. We had big fun, as always.

David MadWags Wagensomer was the DK Open champion:
2008 Spring Lake St. Clair

MadWags (L) with me and Briboy on the R

2008 Fall Hardy Dam Pond

MadWags caught all the bass on Hardy Dam Pond for this one when I was fortunate again to fish with him.

Dave almost always had that infectious smile on his face. Comes natural to people like him. Man. I'll miss him.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

thedude

very tragic news. sincerest condolences to Jay and the rest of the family.

This place will not be the same without you wags.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

LAPORTE

I'm totally numb right now .... and lost for words. Dave is a good friend.  We were to fish down in KY in a month ....
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Cy

I can't say how sorry I am to hear the news.  The world lost a great one this morning.  Justin is right, this place won't be the same.  My heart goes out to his close friends and family.  I lost a great friend almost 2 years ago now and this blessing is one of his favorites and one of mine.

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

My deepest sympathies.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Mojo

....... With heavy heart I must pass this along. Madwags was a good person and the purist of fisherman. He was the best partner I have ever competed with.

:'(      :'(    ..... great stories later ...... Jay and Lisa - I am soooooo sorry for you right now. Im praying for him and for you and your family right now...... numb and speechless

Mike Schoemann

Pictures from Mojo - who was fortunate to fish quite a bit with MadWags:

Anyone who didn't know, Dave loved music and played often with his band.

Everyone probably knows that Dave loved Lake St. Clair. Here's another big smallmouth bass from his favorite fishing lake!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Cheetam

Shocking...We just hung out a few weeks ago.  Dave will be missed.  RIP Wags...
Jeff

TCook

This is so sad, I woke up this morning to find out my dog duece has tumors all over his body and only has a few days left then get on glb and see that madwags has passed. I hung out with Dave a couple times and he was one cool dude. As said before this site wont be the same without him, Madwags was GLB. He will be sorely missed RIP Wags...
FISH HARD!!!

Revtro

I can't even express how sad I was to get this news.  At first, I could not believe it.  Wags, you will be missed.  We will be praying.  Let's fish the DK in Wags' honor this year.  So sad.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bob o

djkimmel

Quote from: Revtro on March 08, 2011, 02:37:59 PM
I can't even express how sad I was to get this news.  At first, I could not believe it.  Wags, you will be missed.  We will be praying.  Let's fish the DK in Wags' honor this year.  So sad.

Herman 1jav has suggested we rename the tournament in his honor and I think that is a great idea. I would like to make it permanent in memory of Dave MadWags Wagensomer. That's what I'm thinking right now anyway. Maybe the MadWags Open Members Tournaments?